Mitsi RVR? Crap or an ok runabout?

valleystream, Jan 18, 1:43am
If looked after. Please advise oh wise ones!

valleystream, Jan 18, 1:47am
Actually I just remembered the search up there on the left. And from what I have read thus far it seems they are crap. So don't worry peeps. Thanks.

twink19, Jan 18, 2:02am
crap

male_timaru, Jan 18, 7:45am
They're great if you are a 2 adult and 1 or 2 child family

Do not be put off by the nay sayers

If it is not a Honda or a Ford or a Holden some people on here will say they're crap NO MATTER WHAT THE QUESTION WAS!

Biaised - YEp I am - i think they're awesome for the value you get

Yes they have a couple of issues (but nothing that is expensive to fix if you do it ahead of time)

Keep maintained ANY vehicle will do what you ask of it (so long as it is capable of doing it in the first place)

mugenb20b, Jan 18, 7:53am
No! They are not! RVRs are probably the most overpriced cars on the market. You even get one less seat than most other SUVs or cars have to offer.

male_timaru, Jan 18, 8:21am
And here we have the biggest Mitsi hater on the Motoring board

And he likes HONDAS - what a surprise!

kazbanz, Jan 18, 8:23am
Actually guys the OLD rvr if running okand at the RIGHT price is ok value for money. emphasis on right price

male_timaru, Jan 18, 8:27am
hehehe and you know what i am like on paying for cars kaz lol! I got the RIGHT price - have been to 3 car yards yesterday and 2 today - they all said they would quite happily and quickly sell it (in the condition it is in) for $3990 - $5490 on their yards

robotnik, Jan 18, 8:49am
Get the turbo. With a 4G63T outputting 170kW it goes really well for a family car.

skin1235, Jan 18, 9:01am
I've got a '95 sport (4WD) beside the shed, very tidy body, dam good engine (a little thirsty but that could be my driving habits), currently needs a new auto
and thats an issue with them, wreckers cannot supply, they blow them with such regularity ( something to do with a coating they put on the internals of the TC, breaks down and blocks orifices in the valve chest, results in partial engagement and eventual stripped gears) that they're now like hens teeth to find
new parts are available but cost way more than the vehicle is worth spending that amount on
anyone want a rego on hold 95 sport, very tidy, very good rubber etc, minus box

phillip.weston, Jan 18, 12:38pm
I've had three RVRs and each one I picked up for under $1000. They were all the 91-96 shape models. One automatic, two 5-spd manuals - both with the 4G63 DOHC 2.0L engine. Typically you can pick them up for $1500-2500 for a good one - I don't see how they are overpriced!

male_timaru, Jan 18, 2:31pm
And Precision Automatics in Chch reckons a rebuild is only $1700 (for a full rebuild, and that should last another 5-10 years they reckon) so as others have said i think they are great value for money and great fun