Anyone used 'Triangle' brand tyres?

40wav, Mar 8, 7:51am
They are cheap, but are they too cheap!

clark20, Mar 8, 7:56am
You get what you pay for. However new soft tyres with tread will always feel better than old worn out hard tyres so people think they are OK, but that is not a fair comparison.

mitchell_nz2005, Mar 8, 7:57am
My brother has them on his evo for probley round 2 months now paid $129 each for 215/35/18s said they not too bad handling for the price

sw20, Mar 8, 7:59am
I doubt the factory will receive any complaints from customers explaining how dead they are because of the poor handling of the tyres.

40wav, Mar 8, 8:01am
So you've used them and don't like them!

icemans1, Mar 8, 8:05am
i know a manager of a tyre place that refuses to sell the crap tyres

aragorn2003, Mar 8, 8:06am
i found them rubbish , i put them on par with supercats

cuda.340, Mar 8, 8:06am
i bought some mags that had triangles on them. i had a few off road excursions that were unplanned. i ditched the triangles & fitted bridgestones. what a difference in handling. so far i've stayed on the road without any surprises. will never have triangles on any of my vehicals again. even tho they had lots of tread the tyre shop refused to buy them to sell on as second hand tyres. that has to say something!

clark20, Mar 8, 8:06am
Put it this way, if they are good and cheap why aren't they standard on any new car!

phillip.weston, Mar 8, 8:08am
I found them incredibly noisey.

jono2912, Mar 8, 8:11am
Harder compound in the tires has made them last twice as long as more expensive ones.

40wav, Mar 8, 8:12am
Thought I might get this sort of response and I'm happy to take the advice of experience. Looks like I'll spend a few more $$ and get better quality and piece of mind. I dont really like surprises at 100 kmh. Cheers all.

aragorn2003, Mar 8, 8:13am
chuck abit more $$ in and get hankooks or something halfway decent

sw20, Mar 8, 8:18am
Hyper have deals on Toyo's every now and again. I think I paid $125 each or so for some proxes in 195/50R15 shipped to my door.

rkauto, Mar 8, 8:21am
We sold them as a budget alternative ,But will not sell them to anyone now.They are worse than rubbish in the wet.

vr4_legnum, Mar 8, 8:31am
had them on the back of my wagon for a day or so. they was crap. went around a corner and rear end of the car keep stepping out a few times so got to took them, told boss when to stick them and got some good ones

shane038, Mar 8, 10:35am
I guess everytime you hit an apex of the triangle the car would lurch!

moosie_21, Mar 9, 4:20am
.And this is why young people with fast cars end up in ditches!

johnf_456, Mar 9, 4:22am
Cheap noisy, poor handling heck supercats are way better cheap and made by a reputable brand.

4xfaster, Mar 9, 7:13am
They are seriously dangerous in the wet, I drive a RWD and just around basic corners with minimal acceleration, the car will slowly creep out. I never had this problem with my Kumhos (as you'd probably expect). In the dry I can't fault them, although they're very noisy but it doesn't bother me too much. I'm running 215 45 17s.

vpholdie, Mar 9, 7:31am
seen plenty of them come through work you can see while they call them triangles not round at all.

foxdonut, Mar 9, 7:50am
Good for car park burnouts and funerals.

mike77, Jul 4, 5:05pm
Terrible tyres.
Even the missus noticed a difference in handling, and that says alot!