Set belt replacement

ianalice1, Mar 7, 9:24pm
Hi all. I know this questions sounds a bit like, how long is a piece of string, but at last wof was told front left seatbelt starting to fray. We have a Japo1999 Honda Odyssey and had this replace when we bought car 5 year ago. A friend suggested holding a flame against it and burning it off. That may work, with the edges, but even the flat part feels same. Any ideas on costing on replacement and where in Papamoa/Mount areas! Thanks, Ian.

jasongroves, Mar 7, 11:55pm
Only one I could find on TM is $185 2nd hand, which I think is a bit excessive and wouldn't be too far off new price.

jasongroves, Mar 7, 11:57pm

jasongroves, Mar 7, 11:59pm

faybian, Mar 8, 5:45pm
you could try harman autumotive thanks

ianalice1, Mar 9, 11:04pm
Hey all. Running out of options. Emailed all the Odyssey parts listing, on Trade Me, no luck. Emailed a couple of seatbelt installers, again no luck. I guess I'm gona have to goto Honda. That'll hurt. Anymore ideas, please!

ianalice1, Mar 9, 11:05pm
Yes we thought was a second hand too. Tried candle and safety razor, still not much better.

rpvr, Mar 10, 7:59am
Don't use a flame, use a hot soldering iron, jut run it briefly along the edge at an angle from both sides.

ianalice1, Mar 10, 9:03pm
Thats sounds good. Just two, slight, problems for me. 1. We are in Papamoa, not Auckland and 2, I'm not well enough, these days, to work on the car for too long. So gota look at options, down this way. But thanks for the info, I know Strongs are good, as we lived in Auckland for over 20 odd years.

ianalice1, Mar 10, 9:04pm
Thanks, rpvr, I'll try that. Flame too messy.

ladyjet1, Mar 11, 7:54pm
Most wreckers have rows and rows of them - named by model.

ianalice1, Jul 11, 1:45pm
Thanks, huys. Time to do some phoning around.