Motorvehicle insurance claim question.

Page 2 / 2
mrfxit, Mar 11, 7:56pm
Yep Kaz
It helps a lot that the person that caused the accident was clearly identified by the police & ticketed accordingly

Been there done that, too

smac, Mar 11, 8:13pm
Yep, can't argue that. The Queensland floods proved that.

I'm happy to pay premiums (ok not HAPPY), cause even if I get it wrong, or they weasel out of it somehow, a payout less an excess is better than no payout.

mrfxit, Mar 11, 8:19pm
Yep.
Works even better to be slightly under insured as well because all those years of paying top dollar for max insurence & they STILL only pay out market value (& often less excess).
Per year insurence charges + payout = real cost of insurence & the true value of the payout.

Thats why they call it "piece of mind" insurence

elect70, Mar 12, 2:45am
Yesgot T boned by solo mumno insuranceno moneyinsurer says waste of time going after her , so had to make the claim on my own policy & pay excess

vtecintegra, Jul 11, 8:03am
State told me that a replacement airbag for my car had to come via sea because its technically an explosive and can't go via air.Dunno if that's true but the 7 or so week wait was certainly a pain.

Re original question - from experience I would expect to pay the excess and have the insurance company promise to reclaim it from the at fault party, then never hear any more about it or see a refund.