Audi a3 whats it worth?

firebird15, Jan 20, 9:22pm
1997 A3 non turbo, Auto recently serviced, new radiator, front rotors, pads and radio, it has done 191044 kms but has a intermitent fault with the dash cutting out (but still driveable when this happens) interior a little rough has also had a new front wheel bearing and supsension bush. due for a service and a cambelt probably. What would this be worth roughly!

mugenb20b, Jan 20, 9:23pm
Sounds like it has a colourful history. I wouldn't even bother buying it.

richard198, Jan 20, 9:25pm
A lifetime of repair bills await you!

firebird15, Jan 20, 9:43pm
So these thing are a piece of crap. We already have a A6 quattro (audi built not vw built) it is up to 371000 ks and still drives great its a 1995 model so thought an a3 would be a good car for my wife, I expect to spend money on a car of that mileage for repairs and maintenance, so just wondering on its worth!

edangus, Jan 20, 9:51pm
Any more than $1000.00 is a win

guider1, Jan 20, 10:02pm
I would say half a pound of cheese & a handful of belly-button lint would own it.

richard198, Jan 20, 11:38pm
Quite funny!
To OP, don't pay more than $2000 for a car like that.

phillip.weston, Jan 20, 11:51pm
maybe the OP is trying to sell it rather than buy it!

richard198, Jan 21, 12:01am
Unlikely:-
"so thought an a3 would be a good car for my wife"

mugenb20b, Jan 21, 12:12am
Pass this man a Tui. Same car as a Golf in a different package (VAG = Volkswagen Audi Group).

phillip.weston, Jan 21, 12:14am
ah right, only read the OP and not subsequent posts.

franc123, Jan 21, 1:10am
You need to bear in mind that this vehicle is being got shot of because its costing too much money to keep on the road, and is about to cost more.Ifthe engine in it is the 1.8L 20 valve one you need to be doing the cambelt straight away if the seller can't prove its been done in recent times, if it breaks the amount of damage it does is phenomenal.From my own experience with customers cars all sorts of weird things go wrong with these when they get old eg instruments dropping out at random, seat adjusters break, electric window parts collapse without warning, door locks die etc, issues generally that you never have to deal with on most Jap cars of the same age.You wouldn't expect cheap motoring out of it.Based on what you've said I wouldn't offer more than $1500 for it with a new WOF, if you were going to bother going there at all.

firebird15, Jan 21, 1:33am
franc123, most of what you have said has happened already, and as that much work has already been carried out I thought that at least we know that it has been done and should not happen again anytime soon, so may be a good car. As I carry out all my own repairs we would only be looking at parts costs only. The previous owner bought it for $4300 less than a year ago and is now looking at $2500.00

mugenb20b, Jan 21, 1:43am
A car with potential problems.for the wife.yeah, nah.

firebird15, Jan 21, 1:50am
Just goes to show not all Audis are created equal. Good on you VW for creating a dud

mugenb20b, Jan 21, 1:52am
Well, I would've thought the A3 would be OK. I'm actually surprised to hear that this one has had so many problems.