Windscreen washer

roseyglow, Jan 27, 7:07am
I own a Subaru Impreza 1995 model and the rear washer has stopped spraying water onto rear window, it has its own reservoir, the front washer is working fine! any brain out there have any idea whats up!

saffa2, Jan 27, 7:08am
it's broken.

woody1946, Jan 27, 7:14am
Poke a thin piece of wire(like out of a twist tie ) up its nozzle
or take the tube off the bottle and blow through it with a compressor

roseyglow, Jan 27, 7:24am
thanx woody, sounds logical will suss it out in morning

gunhand, Jan 27, 7:26am
also if you can take the water feed line off the rear bottle and suck and blow on it to see if its blocked.

woody1946, Jan 27, 7:30am
Glad to help. You could also get someone to work the switch while you listen to see if the pump motor is whirring . If its not it could be a fuse or the motor is stuffed

n3d4sp3d, Jan 27, 7:32am
the bottle is empty

roseyglow, Jan 27, 8:15am
bottle is not empty and motor is whirring,

mugenb20b, Jan 27, 8:41am
It's just a rear washer, don't worry about it. What's behind is not important.

jmma, Jan 27, 8:43am
Its nice to know if you've got a big Mac up your ass (o:

mugenb20b, Jan 27, 8:49am
Big Mac or a big Mack!

lusty9, Jan 27, 8:54am
just sounds like the line is clogged up, put some of the lime stuff they sell at mitre 10 I forgot the name but it should work!

jmma, Jan 27, 8:58am
Which ever one you want up your ass (o:

thewomble1, Jan 27, 10:21am
probably needs to work to get WOF.

rallec, Jan 27, 10:37am
One of the connecting rubber hoses that takes the water to the rear nozzle in my car got a major split in it, so now every time I try to use it it just ends up spraying the footpath.Quite useful really, especially if there's an annoying cyclist/convertible/pedestrian-
near my back left corner.It'd be an easy fix, but it passed its last WOF like that and I'm too lazy.
In other words, check out any connective hosing for wear, it might just be that simple, expecially if your car is older or gets hot a lot.The split in mine is in the hose that flexes when the boot is opened/closed.

thewomble1, Jan 28, 2:45pm
FRONT screen washers need to work however.

mugenb20b, Jan 28, 7:29pm
Only if the vehicle was manufactured after 1st of January 1992.

bellky, Jan 28, 9:11pm
yes but they can't be fitted and not work - must be removed altogether.

pebbles61, Jan 28, 9:18pm
Rear window washer! luxury! I'd be luckey if my front one works.good thing I have a manual pump for it lol. In regard to the OPs car, the motor in the pump might be naffed or a wiring issue (not earthing etc). As for removing it if it doesn't work, what a silly rule, so I'd have to remove the bottle, motor, piping and switch! seems rather OTT

pdh, Jan 28, 9:28pm
My front washers weren't working so I googled it. It suggested that the outlet at the reservoir could be blocked with algae (there was a gauze thingy that stops stuff going up the washer hose).
It was spot on. Maybe there is something similar at the back washer reservoir. Mght be worth checking out if you can find it.