Problem-Opaque horizontal lines across windscreen-

midget8, Aug 7, 9:48pm
on both drivers and passengers sides. I have have cleaned both inside and outside,but they remain there and is hopeless trying to see when driving straight into the sun.Could this be a laminating fault-or what!
Please help.

ceebee2, Aug 7, 11:30pm
Does this occur wearing older type polaroid glasses! If so throw them away and get a new pair!

midget8, Aug 7, 11:40pm
Thanks-something to ponder on, but lines are still there without polaroids only not as obvious.I will try not wearing them when the sun is low-mainly early morn and late arvo to and from work-my road is straight into the sun both ways,and is a real pain.Have had to stop at times cause its so bad. Other than that may need to get some proper driving glasses.

elect70, Aug 8, 1:51am
Sratches fromdiamond ring!, Seen a fewwomen wiping windscreen with back of their hand ,. If cant feel themjewels rougemay take them out .

clark20, Aug 8, 2:06am
Whats the car, some expensive ones with the aerial in the screen

midget8, Aug 8, 3:11am
Mazda hatch 2002-not scratches,no aerials, but blurry lines about an inch to 2 inches wide and 8 to 10 inches long,and about 5 or 6 on both sides,and as I say,only really affects visibility when heading directly into the sun. If it is on the glass exterior it sure won't clean off.

rob_man, Aug 8, 3:19am
That used to happen with the old "Temperzone" non laminated screens but I've never seen it on a laminated one.

midget8, Aug 8, 3:24am
It has LAMPANE written on it,so assume it is laminated.

rob_man, Aug 8, 4:03am
I figured it would be, nobody would bother producing non-laminated for a 2002 car. This is not something I've come across before except for the really old laminated windows from the 1940s getting moisture creeping in from the edges.

monzaman, Aug 8, 5:53am
x1
As a mechanic i've seen it quit often in euro cars,it occurs during and after the tempering proccess and cooling of the glass sheets/panels before the whole screen is made,nothing to do with moisture,visible in certain light and angles,moisture getting between laminations goes white in older cars(esp including american side windows)starting from edge or a crack.Only fix is to replace with different brand of screen

midget8, Sep 22, 8:03am
Thanks to all of you, a new screen is what I need by the look of it-it's shocking the way it is,and dangerous.