Top Gear USA. On prime what are your thoughts

woody1946, Jan 26, 8:28am
On Prime. what are your thoughts!

richynuts, Jan 26, 8:33am
Quote:" Its like getting arroused at gunpoint" LOL

gunhand, Jan 26, 8:33am
180mph is fast in anyones terms.

ninja_man, Jan 26, 8:46am
i enjoyed the 1 mile race, other then that it was average. No one will ever improve on the uk version

slinky15, Jan 26, 8:54am
agree it wont beat uk version but not all bad.

tmenz, Jan 26, 9:57am
Far too much video cutting - only a couple of seconds for each shot - very annoying - won't be watching another one.

thecudadude, Jan 26, 10:33am
Why would anybody spend 215k, 230k or god forbid 300k USD for a car loaded with technology that was beaten around their test track by a 100k Dodge Viper with nothing but brute American muscle ! Love that ! MOPAR OR NO CAR;-)

cuda.340, Jan 26, 5:47pm
yep i agree. the raw Viper put the techno cars to shame. wasn't too bad for a copycat program but they need a US version of Clarkson.

74nova, Jan 26, 6:09pm
You have to remember it is a motoring show. If Top Gear UK never existed and there was nothing to compare it with you'll all think it was a bloody good show. I thought it was ok and will watch it again but like tmenz said.too much video cutting. Also at the start of the show they said there are 10 episodes so we'll see how many we actually see here.

sifty, Jan 26, 6:59pm
at least it wasn't Top Gear Australia.

Wasn't too bad imo - and to be fair, Top Gear itself took a while to get going.

richardmayes, Jan 26, 7:06pm
It will be just like the U.S. version of The Office.

Piss weak, but 25 million Americans will think it's brilliant so it will succeed.

clarky_bass, Jan 26, 8:55pm
Been watching downloaded episodes for a while, what I like about it is that it doesn't try too hard to be "top gear UK" the host's grow on you after a while & they have good chemistry, def better than the aussie version that is total rubbish

thegravelracer, Jan 26, 9:24pm
74nova wrote:
You have to remember it is a motoring show. If Top Gear UK never existed and there was nothing to compare it with.

But there is .! so people are gonna compare them .thats what we do its a forum ffs

tgray, Jan 26, 11:11pm
Why the UK version works so well, is because each presenter has their own unique personality. The USA guys all seem exactly the same.

gofer0007, Jan 27, 1:21am
emagine Top Gear NZ.br-
oken english, bro this bro that and then you turn around to test the car and its gone.lo-
l.

ninja_man, Jan 27, 5:43am
and an annual budget of 50k lol

moosie_21, Jan 27, 6:08am
God I love the Viper, if I had $100K spare it would be THE car in my garage. Although saying that you could buy a brand new $75K Mitsi Evo and it would keep up if not pass the Lambo as well (see Top Gear, was quite surprised!).

owene, Jan 27, 6:10am
Wait till they put a Cobra 427 against the chopper!

crosis_nz, Jan 27, 6:19am
It gets much better as they click as a trio. I really like the Alaska episode (s01e09), and season two has some great stuff too (luxury car challenge, hollywood & texas sprint to mind)

They have taken top gear UK and made it into a uniquely US style. You can see the similarities but it is its own product. If you are a diehard uk fan then bad luck - if you are open to a change then this is really good.

As a comparison tried three times to watch Top gear Australia and never finished an episode - have watched all of top gear USA and am going back and watching again.

socram, Jan 27, 8:07am
Half way through watching it.Somewhat lacking in humour so far, so it won't attract the none car audience for the laughs and the stupidity.My wife hasn't lifted her head from the crossword yet.That is the ultimate test - and she is a huge Clarkson fan because of the humour - TV and print.