Where do i find the spark plugs

Page 1 / 2
plc68, Jan 26, 8:04pm
in a subaru impreza wrx 1996

gadgit3, Jan 26, 8:18pm
DOHC or SOHC!

gadgit3, Jan 26, 8:19pm
Either way there in the cylinder head but DOHC are slightly harder to get to.

saki, Jan 26, 8:36pm
If you are unable to find them without help there isnt much chance you will be able to change them.

crzyhrse, Jan 26, 8:56pm
Through a hole in the head to the combustion chamber unless it's been converted to external combustion!

crzyhrse, Jan 26, 8:56pm
I'll say.

owene, Jan 26, 9:05pm
They'll be under the passengers seat inside the rad box marked "SPARKES".

plc68, Jan 26, 10:05pm
Im a girl im not doing anything, but i got told that who ever does it will have to drop the motor

plc68, Jan 26, 10:06pm
WTF!

gadgit3, Jan 26, 10:10pm
No Motor stays in car. If they want to drop the motor then you find another mechanic. Depending on what model you have it should take up to an hour to fit plugs.

jsbike, Jan 26, 10:10pm
bull, they are a mongrel to do if you have big neanderthal hands but no way do you have to drop the motor. how much did they quote you to do them!

electro2000, Jan 26, 10:49pm
pretty easy to dosometimes air box out one side battery out the other , i cut a rachet down and shortened an exstention just for subaru plugs-makes them pretty easy

pup2, Jan 26, 10:58pm
First of all we had to remove the sump, then the crankshaft the gudgeon pins, the conrods then the pistons so we could take the spark plugs out

mugenb20b, Jan 26, 11:03pm
Take the battery and air filter box out of the way. You'll see two wires going to each cylinder head.

happylad3, Jan 26, 11:19pm
They were dirty.

thewomble1, Jan 27, 10:31am
Put the new plugs in with the petrol.

n3d4sp3d, Jan 28, 2:28am
see its wankers like that that give the motor industry a bad name

pico42, Jan 28, 2:42am
What does being a girl have anything to do with it! Do you intend using your gender as an excuse for all things you don't know about!

plc68, Jan 28, 4:50am
mechanic is a mans job!

tonyrockyhorror, Jan 28, 6:07am
Then why even ask!

Back to the kitchen with you!

bopbargains, Jan 28, 6:41am
all womenshould bechained tothebedroom,with justenoughslack to reachthe kitchen.

mugenb20b, Jan 28, 6:43am
I dare you to post that in Parenting.

ryans, Jan 28, 7:43am
I remember when motoring wasn't filled with people trying to make jokes and not actually helping.

plc: they are on the sides of the engine, between the engine and the side of the engine bay. If you do a Google search for "boxer engine" or subaru engine, you'll see the layout.

They are a pain to replace, but you don't need to remove the engine.

mugenb20b, Jan 28, 7:53am
Yeah, a sense of humour does a lot of harm. We should all be serious around here.

russ18, Jan 28, 8:07am
I sympathise with you, after over 20 years of diesels I now have a 3.5 litre Nissan elgrand. A few weeks ago I thought I would check the plugs and leads.
now know it doesn't have leads and with a bit of help from google I know where the plugs are but still haven't actually seen them.