brokebloke1, Jun 26, 8:38am
looks dam good and using a decent motor too

nz2293, Jun 26, 8:40am
i hope it forces toyota etc to drop there prices does look ok

grangies, Jun 26, 9:40am

jason_247, Jun 26, 10:14am
looks like a hilux thats about to sneeze

xacoon, Jun 26, 10:19am
chinese made cummins, ok heres my beef, have driven a chinese massey fergusson, an ursus if you want to name and shame, massey tooling and everything, only a smidgen cheaper than a real deal fergie lump of steel. within 15 engine hours, had no brakes, fuel tank had sucked itself in to half its size, and even though the fergie it was based on was a simple model, well how can I put this, ummm, I have a 1954 massey harris pony that is less "agricultural" for want of a better term than this new millenium piece. not saying the chinese can't do it, just their track record aint that flash.

xacoon, Jun 26, 10:29am
well funny you should mention toyota, the new lux may be a fantastic ride on road, and you dont have to be a midget to fit in the back even, but sheer size wise it is too large to take a lot of offroad places. where you would take an earlier lux, the new one gets beaten up, and this foton (makes me think of a matress!) skites of being wider! what market is it aimed at! just want a practical ute just quietly.

xacoon, Jun 26, 11:30am
ahhh, I don't go bush bashing, or hunting (I grow what I eat). just want a ute for round the farm. not a lot of choice out there now.

r15, Jun 26, 8:29pm
Would be interesting to see torque figures the kw figures are down slightly on the japs isn't it!

intrade, Jun 26, 8:34pm
keep dreaming toyota is more like going busted. they cant produce no more with nuklear fallout and no enough power. fukashima is 10 folds worse then chernobil its why tv no longer reports much about it .

mrfxit, Jun 26, 8:38pm
LOL . Agreed

zephyrheaven, Jun 26, 8:43pm
The Ford Ranger & Mazda BT's are skinny, I spent more time grabbing my passengers knee than the gear stick last time I drove one
The Navara's & Colorado's are wider than the new Hilux - I think they are aiming new utes at middle aged contractors that dont really need a ute but might as well

jezz43, Jun 26, 8:54pm
it doesnt actually look too bad, id consider having a look and possibly getting one provided the build quality is better than great wall. the interior is rather plain, but it looks not too bad on the exterior. i had a look on the foton philipines website and they have a range of vans also, they all seem to look like the hyundai vans.

rjgmjs, Jun 27, 3:49am
Downsize is, more Aussie's will loose there jobs, if it sells well.

net_oz, Jun 27, 7:28am
So she/he must've been alright then!

bigfatmat1, Jun 27, 9:01am
its code name (p201) wouldindicate #1 injector control fault.

enit, Jun 27, 9:27am
Test of time will tell all