Old suzuki m/bikes

Page 1 / 2
iman007, Jun 21, 8:12am
ive been searching for some of the old bikes i used to have and there are none on here,searched suzuki wolf,stinger, hustler, rebel,titan. triumph trident.Are these just rare or am i not searching properly!

iman007, Jun 21, 8:26am
thought that may be the case, just keep searching i guess!

dr.doolittle, Jun 21, 8:36am
I've seen a few Rebel's over the last couple of months.

robinm1, Jun 21, 8:38am
You could try the model names, a lot of people do not know the models you are talking about, try Suzuki T90, instead of wolf, or T125 for stinger, or T250! for hustler, or T350 for rebel, or T500 for titan. Tridents are normally known as tridents even though the correct model name is T160
How about a sierra (TS185)Sebring (GT380)Lemans (GT750) Apache (TS400) Savage (TS250- also known as the Hustler in Japan)
The GT550 also had a "name" but for the life of me I can not remember what it was, I know it was the name of a race track, as all the GT's were named after race tracks.
Seeing your post brought back all sorts of memories from my early days of bikes in the early 70's, and here we are 40 years later and I have bikes in the shed ( and even ride them as often as I can!), although no 70's Suzukis any more, I sold my last GT380 about 3 years ago.

iman007, Jun 21, 8:41am
thanx guys, and the dr, just keep looking i guess and thanks for tip on e mail.
Ive been thinking bout buying another bike, bike vs camaro! Prollya bit too old for bikes now but!

iman007, Jun 21, 8:42am
daytona!

iman007, Jun 21, 8:44am
lol, them were the days eh,a doris on the back and a cruise in the country for some slap n tickle. fond memories also
lmfao

dr.doolittle, Jun 21, 8:45am
Bullshit!

iman007, Jun 21, 8:47am
i like ya thinking
roflmfao

robinm1, Jun 21, 8:53am
x1
I remember now, it was the GT550 Indy. I see you are in CHCH, the meca of 70's motorcycles in NZ, more bikes per population than any where in NZ back then. Keep looking, advertise in the local rags for old suzukis, you may be very surprised what turns up. I used to work at Doug Cresswell Suzuki back in the early 80's and there were a hell of a lot of bikes around back then. Keep looking, ask people, snoop around, things will pop up.

iman007, Jun 21, 9:04am
cheers bud ,delt with tommys suzuki back then, tuam st and the 1 on sydenham end manchester st, name escapes me! I was on fringes of epitaph back then, i chose to stay on straight and narrow.Good memories though

countrypete, Jun 21, 9:04am
Never too old!My uncle is 73 and he just bought a Suzuki M50 800cc cruiser - his last bike was a BSA Goldfash.About five years ago I sold m two GT750 Waterbuses.They were the '72 "J" models were in good original running condition, and had consecutive frame numbers.Sold the pair for $4500 at the Hamilton swap meet.What a regret!On the other hand, now I go out to the garage, put on a helmet, turn the key on my M50 and go for a ride.No leaky fuel taps, no fouling plugs, no flat battery issue or dicky starters; everything works.Nostalgia is great, but sometimes best to leave it at that.On the other hand, I have to admit I have a favourite search set up on classic bikes, and always look to see what's for sale.Currently drooling over a nice Motorsport 250, just like I owned oh so many years ago.

countrypete, Jun 21, 9:06am
Want an absolutely beautiful '72 T500!Action Suzuki in Hawera had one on behalf.The owner wants $8,000, don't know if it sold yet!

iman007, Jun 21, 9:07am
hehe, ive been thinking lots about the old days lately.70s rocked!

robinm1, Jun 21, 9:08am
sydenham end Manchester st, that would have been Eric Wood Suzuki

iman007, Jun 21, 9:10am
yep, dumbarse me.Eric wood used to be tuam then shifted.Correct.
go topof the class,lol, and mclearys moorhouse ave, coming back to me

iman007, Jun 21, 9:11am
will make enquiry moro,cheers

flockton55, Jun 21, 9:49am
"Ahem!"Eric the Hood, in many people's opinion back then.
I remember a 24 hour marathon round Ruapuna on GT550s (IIRC). Spectacular at night with the sparks from the undercarriage. When the GS550 came out it seemed positively skinny in comparison to the GT550.

iman007, Jun 21, 9:47pm
the old motor bike racing days, dale wylie racing round ruapuna, legend.Wonder what happened to him!

stephenb1, Jun 22, 4:01am
ok tridents were 1969 were t150 from 1974 on were t160 and triumphs should never be used on the same line as a japper ever if on tm .er er

stephenb1, Jun 22, 4:06am
tridents were from 1969 to 1974 were t150s then 1974 on were t160s.with e/s

stephenb1, Jun 22, 4:12am
also there were one called a slippy sam very fast in there day.i have a t140e motor with new p@rings @ geabox@ c/plates anyone would like me to list it on tm.

iman007, Jun 22, 4:15am
i started out on jappers, then moved to british,that ok! hehe

jrlaw, Jun 22, 5:35am
I am trying to get a 1970-80's Suzuki to start. It is a 75cc Van Van scooter, I have cleaned the carb and fitted a new fuel line,needs new oil lines from the wee pump, but it seems to have no spark Does it need a battery! to make it go! Noticed a few in this story who knew about Suzuki hope you can help. It has been not started for about 20 years. Thanks.

1rowan, Jun 22, 7:52am
I would be interested to see it listed please