AA towing service

e_c_78, Jun 24, 4:22am
Hello,
Appreciate a bit of help here, my car is not starting at all and is parked at my house, my AA membership expired like a year ago, and now I need the car to be towed to the workshop, what's the best option, call a tow service directly, or renew my AA membership and call AA and get them to tow it there! Do they provide car towing service!

thx

msigg, Jun 24, 5:12am
Why don't you search online, find out about the AA services and or search local towing companies and get a quote. Oryou could get a mobile mechanic to fix it. all searched online. simple realy.

henderson_guy, Jun 24, 5:24am
If you are an AA member, you get roadside assistance. If it is a simple issue causing your car not to start, they can often fix it then and there, If they cannot fix it, they will tow it to the nearest place of repair. Or if you get the plus membership, you get towing to the value of (from memory) $1500

mugenb20b, Jun 24, 6:59am
You can do, but I'm not sure if there is a stand down period.

e_c_78, Jun 24, 8:46am
Thanks people. yes the stand down period is 24 hours for AA, and from memory i remember they don't do car towing services, they basically call a tow company for you, that's why I needed to check with people.
anyways, I got it sorted now, the workshop is sending a tow truck over tomorrow.

grangies, Jun 24, 8:51am
They are.

They asked a question on Trade Me.

Trade Me is online.

jono2912, Jun 24, 9:06am
Why don't you ask around, and see what mechanics will pick up.!

ninja_man, Jun 24, 9:07am
my sister towed her car last night, cost $18 and she is an AA member.

matthew111, Jul 23, 5:41pm
ring the AA