JAP Auction Grading on Imports?

valleystream, Jun 23, 2:03am
Have read various information about grading. Am looking at a car that has 3.5 grading but that looks bad on some sites. What are your thoughts! Would you touch a 3.5! Through a Dealer. Looks faultless but who knows.

valleystream, Jun 23, 2:15am
Oh ok. Thanks kazbanz

intrade, Jun 23, 2:17am
you realise that japanese imports are higly likeyl radioactive. they dont say much now but mentioned it on the news for 10 secounds a few days ago that it is 3 times worse then chernobil . and the russians have rejected imports from japan as they where higly radiactive.

valleystream, Jun 23, 2:19am
Yeah I thought about that too!

valleystream, Jun 23, 2:20am
Can I ask the Dealer to show me the Auction Sheet with the car!

valleystream, Jun 23, 2:32am
Thank you soooo much. You have really helped me. I am so grateful.

321mat, Jun 23, 2:37am
Do NOT get anything with a Grade less than 4.
The Auction grades are NOT subjective, as some posters have suggested - they are essentially yes/no question and answers.

A car that has maybe a minor supermarket trolley scratch will be a 4, but ANYTHING that has meant the car has had to go to a panel beater will be a 3.5 or less.

By the way, I've been inside Jap panel beating shops, and their repair work is cosmetically great, but the work underneath is pretty rugged.

Oh, and any dealer who tries to tell you that they don't know what JAG (Japanese Auction Grade) the car was is a total liar.They knew what the grade was when they themselves bought the car - either in Japan, or from an importer.

AND, as economic times are getting tougher, those same dealers are getting more and more dishonest.

BE CAREFUL.
Your life (in an accident) may depend upon it.

valleystream, Jun 23, 2:39am
Wow thank you 321mat. I will give this car that I'm keen on a miss then! It is not priced cheaper than any similar ones and it's only because I asked on the auction what grade it was that the Dealer said.

moosie_21, Jun 23, 3:03am
What a load of crap. You been testing them with your Geiger counter lately! Unless they were washed up in Fukushima with other radioactive water, they will still be well below the unacceptable level for radioactive contamination. Do you not think they'd be checking them before they're exported either!

valleystream, Jun 23, 3:33am
Oh gosh! What to do. We live 2 hours away from this car so don't want to waste my time.

valleystream, Jun 23, 3:53am
Ok thanks, have requested this so will wait & see. Cheers mate.

valleystream, Jun 23, 4:17am
No, it's a Nissan Stationwagon

valleystream, Jun 23, 6:29am
They said they would email it but have received nothing yet

carstauranga001, Jun 23, 6:45am
valleystream the advice from kazbanz is all good. I too have seen variations in grading from one auction to another with my own eyes. Some other posters are not totally acurate and would be going on hearsay. They can not of visitedJapanese auctions.

valleystream, Jun 23, 6:55am
Thanks cars! Will await the Compliance (if they do indeed send it) otherwise will keep looking.

valleystream, Jun 23, 7:14am
Kazbanz, can you please get me a low km Nissan Wingroad in good nick! Cheers. LOL!

carstauranga001, Jun 23, 7:47am
I prefer tostay home and sell while the Japs do the running around, but with looming changes might go in Sept.

valleystream, Jun 23, 10:16pm
Ok thanks Kazbanz

valleystream, Jun 23, 10:59pm
Kazbanz, what do you think about this answer:
Auction grade only applies to vehicles that are sourced from the auctions. However, this unit was hand picked directly from our supplier stock yard, and in our opinion its probably inline with most grade 4 vehicle for this type. There are some minor scuff marks on the body but nothing major. We welcome your full inspections.

valleystream, Jun 24, 12:03am
Thank you for your comments once again kazbanz. It's great having help on this stuff! We live in Northland now. I never bothered to change my location!

321mat, Jul 19, 12:16pm
I would also like to add to my earlier post that I'm NOT a car dealer or importer, so I have NOTHING to gain by making my statement re Auction Grades.
I have had some dealings with Jap car auctions in the past few months, and the view of slipping standards is questionable - or is it the standards of NZ car dealers!Anyway, as far as I have encountered, Jap panel beaters do not repair to the level of quality shown by (certified) CRA panel beaters in NZ, and the Auction Grade rating is STILL an excellent way of checking the overall carbody's health, since the sheet is basicially a series of yes/no (tick the box) sections.

Maybe some of the other posters are referring to vehicles intended for countries with less quality standards, and have been snapped up by some dodgy importers/dealers.