Toyo tyres. Been trying to get 185 70 14 toyo tyres but been told out of stock until approx august with no guarantee even then d

toffee1, Jun 22, 10:15am
Been trying to get 185 /70 /14 Toyo tyres but been told out of stock until approx August with no guarantee even then due to the Japanese earthquake /tsunami. Have used Toyos for years and more than satisfied. Anyone know of any stocks! Need 2 immediately but would take 4 if I could get them. Cheers

terckon, Jun 22, 11:26am
Toyo tyres are not top of the range so my guess is that you are not a rally driver, boy racer or someone that likes to hear the tyres squeel around corners! Just an everyday driver. I would look at other brands and you will find you will be just as pleased with them as well. Your choice tho.

1ollie, Jun 22, 11:37am
They may be not quite top of the range but they are far from what you have made them out to be! they are above average at least, sure most of my experience is with the performance tyres like T1R and most of the Proxes range but I cant see why the others would be rubbish

sw20, Jun 22, 12:14pm
If you can drop down to a 60 profile Hyper have stock of 185/60R14 Toyos @ $138 each with free shipping or free fitting/balancing at their store.

http://www.hyper.co.nz/drive/tyres/passenger/toyo-PROXES-TEO-+/id/752/product

ceedoubleyou, Jun 22, 11:02pm
try these guys: www.platinumwheels.co.nz
I bought a set of Toyo's 17 x 215 x 45 from them.

321mat, Jun 22, 11:39pm
I think he would need to go to a 195/60x14 to get the rolling circumference correct. - So his speedo is not out of whack.

321mat, Jun 22, 11:40pm
And then he'd need to check that the tire will fit inside his guards (due to the extra width).

phillip.weston, Jun 22, 11:46pm
195/65 R14 is what he/she would need to maintain original rolling diameter. But then if they're only getting a pair, then there will be mis-matched tyre sizes between front and rear.

phillip.weston, Jun 22, 11:48pm
I would look at other brands like Yokohama C drive. 185/70 is far from a performance tyre, and I would probably look at going for 195/65 if replacing the whole set of four, which would open the choice up to a few better tyre choices.

My guess is that this is for a Mitsubishi Galant - they seem to be the most mainstream vehicle to use that tyre size.

toffee1, Jun 23, 12:32am
Thanks everyone - it's not a Galant but an RVR Open gear. Definitely not a boy racer :) Don't want to go the way of low profile tyres but with Toyos in the past I have had 85,000ks on a Rav 4. Hence my liking for Toyos. Unfortunately, Platinum wheels are also out of stock. Guess I'll just have to wait a while longer.

rovercitroen, Jun 23, 1:00am
I have used Toyos and liked them. If you can't get them try some Hankook tyres. They seem good for the price.

pandai, Jun 23, 1:29am
I have had some Toyo TEO+'s on my car for a few days (205/60/16).

They're on the back of my FWD car, so I don't know much about their capabilities, but I can tell you there is no noise coming from them.When I was buying tyres earlier this year, Toyo had none in NZ, but this time I was able to get them in from the distributor in Hamilton.

It the OP's decision if they want to wait.Many people tried to sell me Hankook's but I wasn't convinced.

moosie_21, Jun 23, 3:10am
Love my Toyo's. Don't go back to the dark side, wait if you can!

mr40cal, Jun 23, 10:04am
195/65R14 Toyo Teo+ 89S are in stock, and are only margainally more expensive than 185/70R14 - as you say you need 2 possibly 4, just get 4 of the 195/65R14 - little wee bit wider tyre but a perfect replacement for the 185/70R14 and any reputable tyre shop would make the same recommendation

skin1235, Jun 23, 10:08am
aren't the rvr's full time 4wd, if so don't mismatch tyre sizes or you'll be looking at new cv's or reardrive box soon

wrong2, Jun 23, 10:24am
TEO+ are the sport touring tyre from Toyo

much better mileage over the T1R - & still good grip with good predictability at the limit

ive been using them for the last year

mr40cal, Jun 23, 10:27am
- um, sort of why there was a suggestion to get four tyres!

skin1235, Jun 23, 10:52am
my bad, I caught the first post and 1 by pw, thought it was a question of only doing 2

phillip.weston, Jul 18, 1:41pm
With mitsi 4WDs and mismatching tyres, the extra strain would be on the center differential viscous coupling unit (to allow for 50/50 split with some slip front/rear when cornering etc) and the transfer case. CV joints and front/rear diffs would be fine.