Wheel alingment out?

jojo76, Jun 22, 1:45am
About 3 months ago we hit a large possum which did damage to the front our our car (xr6).
Since then our fuel economy has'nt been the best, we usually get about 9.6l per 100km and it had gone up to 10.4.
We did'nt get a wheel alingment done after the incident with the possum and there is no uneven wear on the tyres.
And if driving on a straight bit of road, the car does'nt vear laft or right if you take your hand off the wheel.
Do you reakon the wheel alignment could still be out!

321mat, Jun 22, 2:07am
Hmmm, maybe.

Could be the car is toeing out to the right a little, and the camber of the road is disguising this by stopping the car from pulling right. or:

Could be what everyone else is suffering from, and that is:
Hopeless quality petrol.

I run on 95 (or 98), and if the Octane on that fuel is anything above 92 or 93, I'd be amazed.

twink19, Jun 22, 4:11am
hows the pussum!I would still get alignment done

saxman99, Jun 22, 4:55am
It's could just be that it's winter and you are using more electrical stuff like lights etc.

I hope you had to swerve right across the road to get the possum.

intrade, Jun 22, 7:02am
i never had a problem with alignment running over possums. only rocks are no good to run over. I somhow doubt it has anything to do with a larger possum unless it was the size of a cow

kingfisher21, Jun 22, 7:02am
There is no way hitting an opossum will put out the alignment on an XR6.

intrade, Jun 22, 7:04am
your probably better to check your tyre pressure that will affect fuel economy. lower temperature lowers the pressure inside tyres and causes more drag.

budgel, Jul 14, 1:55am
I have posted with a somewhat similar issue.Run your hands over the tread on both tyres and see if you can feel a difference in the wear pattern,