Apology to my fellow Motoring messageboarders

Page 2 / 3
maz61, Jun 12, 12:00pm
Dam! i missed it all

doomy999, Jun 12, 12:04pm
A friend of mine got a life time ban for starting a thread about gays. Although possibly a little offensive to gays, I thought it was very mellow. For some reason, it is a subject that trademe or at least some of the mods are very very touchy about. A good topic to steer clear of in the T.M forums.

galex, Jun 12, 12:11pm
I think we can all work why that would be.

roys351, Jun 12, 12:31pm
bummer

smac, Jun 12, 9:50pm
I imagine it's something to do with the Human Rights Act, and finding homophobic and bigoted attitudes offensive.

vjregal770, Jun 12, 9:54pm
Funny how all that seems to go only one way though, isn't it!

smac, Jun 12, 9:55pm
In what way!

vjregal770, Jun 12, 10:05pm
In that nothing is made of slurs against certain sections of society. Specifically, white, heterosexual, Christian males.

It's an enforced guilt complex perpetrated by the liberal, politically-correct left.

I actually have 2 family members who are gay. That doesn't mean I no longer find what they do abhorrent and disgusting. And I have every right to express that. Yet I'm labelled a bigot by the very people who preach tolerance of the difference of others.

See the joke yet!

lookoutas, Jun 12, 10:11pm
Spoze ya just gotta be + PC to avoid the slappings.

Back on the naming subject:-I always have a chuckle every time I see a Mazda Bongo. The Jap's obviously didn't have a clue what connotations that would have in certain areas of NZ. And they wouldn't care.

big.b-lil.c, Jun 12, 10:15pm
bugger, me too

smac, Jun 12, 10:31pm
Nope. I've not seen any slurs against people here for being white, heterosexual, Christian, or male.

elect70, Jun 12, 11:41pm
Probably got a gay moderator nowit seems anything anti gay is pulled .

crzyhrse, Jun 12, 11:53pm
Don't do that. It makes you an enabler to the pathetic friendless dweebs and encourages them to aim for an even greater degree of patheticness.

mk3zephyr, Jun 13, 12:31am
No thanks, Not many in this thread swing that way and certainly doesnt smoke my tyres lol

px, Jun 13, 1:25am
Despite the title of the thread, it doesn't sound like you're really that sorry. Sorry you got called-out over it maybe! I thought this was a motoring thread,

mk3zephyr, Jun 13, 1:33am
No i'm not sorry at all about it, Sorry i got called out!, nope. Sorry for for theHomosexuals!, nope. Sorry this country has gone too PC and the minority can dictate terms and conditions to the majority, definatly. Also this was in responce to quite a humourous thread naming cars which was taken off by Trade Me so therefore was motoring. There were far more comments in posts by others that could have been considered offensive but mine were singled out as ol Randy Andy the moderator seems to be on a witch hunt. Suggest you go back to your knitting.

px, Jun 13, 2:23am
Jeez zeph. You sum up in your first post that you're sorry to all the motoring messageboarders you offended but you're just trying to drum up sympathy for being singled out. Sounds like feeling sorry for yourself for being called-out and just digging a deeper hole. Spinning your wheels too long on the dirt will do that.

crzyhrse, Jun 13, 2:34am
Drum up sympathy! Nah. He's simply drawing attention to the stupidity of it. I'm sure he's in no need of appeasement which is more than can be said for the PC Brigade.

iman007, Jun 13, 2:38am
im ok with mkiiizephyr, but im also respectful of peoples opinions, gay or straight.Unless they are nuts of course. Then its game on

dave653, Jun 13, 3:39am
I just got a warning too. Only thing I can think of to get it was talking about an overly large posterior on a native of NZ who got to drive away in an illegal car on Police 10-7 or Motorway Patrol. Someone needs a cup of concrete!

dave653, Jun 13, 3:40am
Oh. sorry if I offended anyone with a f.se!

wrong2, Jun 13, 3:48am
& we all know saying that means "not working right"

"backwards from normal"

"so wrong its retarded"

pieman33h, Jun 13, 4:26am
p.c bollocks. dont apologise. embrace your beliefs and express your opinions, they are about the only thing we have that are entirely our own. i suggest that if people are offended, they look elsewhere or not look at all.As far as tm go, bout time they woke up, if you alienate the majority because of the complaints of the minority, you will soon have no business

flitt, Jun 13, 1:35pm
I received a warning once for starting a politely worded thread aimed at Jehovahs Witnesses. Others in it became impolite, but I got the warning.

I imagine I'm going to attract some hate now, but I'm going to say it anyway.

You are here mk3 complaining about a warning you got, and how overly PC the world is today. I agree. Yet in the quote above you childishly point out that others 'were doing it too' and want to know if they will get a smacked bottom too.

TM then advises you that they aren't about to follow up on your request for a full investigation of that thread and that they are done. You then state that you are 'not a nark' when you have already pretty much narked.

I really don't understand the offence TM warnings cause people. Think about it, thay haven't got the time to read every single thread from beginning to end looking for people to send warnings to, and even if they did - who the heck would want to. This isn't a 'hobby lobby', full of volunteer moderators. It is a trade site with a support forum. I really think you are missing something about what this place is. It is not a court of law. You don't get a criminal record for getting a TM warning.

I think those complaining about how soft & PC things are need to harden the duck up a bit. As said above, you are not apologising, you are having a whinge. Get over it.

vjregal770, Jun 13, 9:03pm
Wrong way around.

The PC deadbeats need to harden up and quit looking for things to be offended at.