Ford focus zetec manual

paula16, Jun 7, 11:07pm
vs auto. im looking at a 2008 + models anyone have one or want to leave a comment about thoughts, would be great. might buy new yet. but anything over 2008 is great. i dont like or want anything else on market. love the look of them. im down sizing from a xr6.Just wanting a smaller car. cheers for any advice

paula16, Jun 7, 11:14pm
thanks i am swaying manual but have always been auto and probs become a lazy driver lol. theres not as many manuals out there to choose from tho.

vtecintegra, Jun 7, 11:22pm
I'd go manual too if possible.

The auto box in them isn't a particularly good one and has quite a negative impact on performance (you'll especially notice this coming from a big torquey Falcon)

paula16, Jun 7, 11:27pm
Cheers 4 that.im sure no matter what i get into im going to notice not much grunt esp since all i have ever owned are falcons/ fairmonts.

paula16, Jun 8, 8:58am
thanks all anyone else

zetec, Jun 8, 9:31am
If you mean by 2008+ the facelift version of the Mk2 Focus, then for the Zetec model only auto versions were sold here. You can get a manual in the pre-facelift Zetec Mk 2 - 2005 to2007.

paula16, Jun 8, 9:32am
o bugger didnt know that but have seen 2008 manuals so just presumed

paula16, Jun 8, 9:40am
i see the focus xr5s are in manual. just dont know if i want to spend that much.

hpaul, Jun 8, 10:32pm
No 2 litre 2008 onwards Zetec manuals (shame) - avoid the auto Zetec and consider 2007 Zetec manual or later model non Zetec manual - great driving cars, best chassis dynamics in their class.

shelleigh, Jun 8, 11:31pm
I'm looking at getting a 2008ish2 litre Focus wagon later this year and have heard the autos are quite peppy from people who have driven them.

paula16, Jun 9, 2:39am
awesome stuff im def in the right direction then

paula16, Jun 9, 2:41am
Thank you i have on my watch list 3 manuals 2007 zetec.
would anyone know if ks really matter. one i like is 74 thou k. but everyone says no go lower in ks

vtecintegra, Jun 9, 2:47am
Its subjective so you'll have to drive one and make up your own mind.Personally I think 'sluggish' is closer to the mark than 'peppy'

shelleigh, Jun 9, 2:55am
But is that sluggish compared to other cars of a similar age and size!
The people I'm talking about are comparing them to vehicles of a similar age and size.

vtecintegra, Jun 9, 3:00am
Yes and its mostly down to how the auto box is set up.

Go and drive an auto one back to back with something like a Civic (which has a decent five speed auto) or a Mazda 3 (which will likely have a four speed but a far more responsive one) or a Golf (which by that stage will have a responsive DSG)

shelleigh, Jun 9, 3:10am
Going by what I've read on here and various reviews, the Golf autos are very peppy with the DSG. They certainly sound smooth. I'm looking forward to test driving some around November as that is when I'll be looking at buying.

esprit, Jun 9, 3:11am
My folks just bought a 2006 Focus 2L Auto, and for what it is, it's reasonably good. The auto does what it should and manages to be smooth without being too sluggish. A manual would be more entertaining to drive and would be my personal pick, but the 4-stage auto is far from being a bad car.

jfstyle, Jun 9, 7:04pm
buy a 07 manual or auto zetec-check stereo-sony good as it is belguim built and has esp-ford stereo bad only traction control bad bad bad bad built(south somewere)turbo kit available from uk for both auto or manual.2 litre mazda 3 is cheaper version of the focus mazda3 volvo c130 models but people in nz pay more for less go figure.

paula16, May 26, 10:54am
thank you for your info very helpfull all of this.