Oil change question

loulou104, Jun 4, 8:18am
Anyone know how much roughly for an oil change! TIA.

tgray, Jun 4, 8:22am
$25 for 4 litres of oil and $15 for a filter.
I would learn how to do it yourself because a mechanic will charge you $90+ for a 'service'.

jason18, Jun 4, 8:25am
Oil changes does it for 74 bucks I think. Unsure what they are like but they are quick haha

johnf_456, Jun 4, 8:26am
Do it yourself, not hard at all.

zephyrheaven, Jun 4, 8:32am
Where do you get 4 litres of oil for $25!

franc123, Jun 4, 8:33am
Oh come on James you know the answer to that, Te Warewhare Redstamp 20w40, 9 out of 10car dealers prefer it :)

jasongroves, Jun 4, 9:00am
Gulf Western 20w-50 $18 for 4L @ Supercheap;)

johnf_456, Jun 4, 9:01am
It certainly is in the latest brochure I am reading now.

zephyrheaven, Jun 4, 9:07am
Ah Tewawharanuihouse I know the stuff, my flatmates EA81 ate a pack a week when he was commuting to the ski fields back in the day

In other news - the wudfud has real competition down Blenheim Rd now with Aranui's favourite shopping centre having moved into the locale - ECODEPO - I must say I will miss the smell of human excrement as I look for a wheel for a handle for my wheelbarrow this weekend

tgray, Jun 4, 9:13am
You can get 4 liters of oil for as little as $16.95 from the wharehouse, but I wouldn't recommend it.

zephyrheaven, Jun 4, 9:23am
Its was semi rhetorical as in what are you getting for the money et al

loulou104, Jun 4, 9:35am
Thanks guys, our mechanic friend said he'd do one for $60 just checking what they cost first.

beno, May 16, 6:03pm
If you check with the test centre run by CAT in ch ch you will be informed that nearly all mineral engine oils contain around 4% additives. this means 96% mineeral oil. So you can make your own judgement as to which ine to buy.