ATTN please Mechanics.

indi301, Jun 6, 6:19am
recently got all new spark plugs, air filter and oil and filters replaced in our mits legnum, car was going fine before hand and now it shudders on accleration and the engine light is on. Any ideas on what is wrong! HELP

franc123, Jun 6, 6:31am
If its a GDI it could be anything.Get set for even more of a financial drain.

indi301, Jun 6, 6:37am
No not GDI just a standard v6 2.5 litre triptronic

muzz67, Jun 6, 6:42am
who did the work! Workshop or home job!

for_an_angel, Jun 6, 6:47am
One or more of the spark plug leads could have been damaged when removed. It would be my first check. The cap of the plug can sometimes get well seazed on to the lead end seen as the plugs only get changed every 100000kms, and if your not careful when removing you can pull the lead end off the lead which would result in a shudder

indi301, Jun 6, 6:57am
would that make the engine light come on! It was a back yard job but he a good mechanic. But he did tell me to get the engine light fixed it will need to be scanned by a sparky! Who pays for that, it was fine before!

biddy6, Jun 6, 7:06am
Definately start by checkingthe leads, my engine light came on when one plug lead gave up.

mugenb20b, Jun 6, 7:08am
He may have just left an electrical plug or a vacuum hose disconnected.

indi301, Jun 6, 7:12am
Thanks for all the comments, will go back 2 him tomorrow. BLOODY CARS!

im_andrew, Jun 6, 7:18am
BLOODY BACKYARD MECHANICS!

lugee, Jun 6, 12:12pm
Bad or damaged ignition leads will cause a Check Engine light, because that cylinder will be mis-firing which will be detected by OBD-1 or higher systems.

marmatt, May 14, 8:09pm
plug gap too