Mission achieved, thanks Kazbanz, Jazz and others

wron, Jun 4, 11:08am
who posted when I asked for suggestions re replacing my wifes car. She had a wee Toyota Corolla 1300 manual but, with a recently diagnosed muscle weakening condition was finding the lack of power steering a bit of a problem, especially parking in confined spaces, plus the car had wind up windows, no central locking, no auto and no air con - however it was incredibly reliable.
We live high up in the hills above Henderson and after reading some of the posts visited a local yard in Corban Ave.
The following comments are completely unsolicited but I feel that they may be helpful to others in a similar situation to us.
Tony and his wife Kylie run a smallish yard (didn't count but at a guess maybe 40 + cars) and are on the go 7 days a week and live "on site". They were both incredibly helpful, listened very carefully and were very generous with their time. Wenever felt pushed or hurried as they pointed out the pros and cons of many different models and encouraged us to take decent test drives up Mountain Rd and along the Scenic Drive, the same roads we travel on on a daily basis. Their children were also delightful and one made us a delicious cuppa!
Initially we liked the 1500cc Raum with the ease of clambering in and out (seats seemed a bit higher than the Allex which is basically a Corolla hatch) and its unusual sliding rear doors - on 1 Raum this was electrically operated. Incidently I was talking to a guy y'day at the New Lynn factory where they print / sell the translatedmanuals for cars and he said they're wonderful if you have kids that tend to swing doors open and maybe collect the side of another car at supermarkets. But my wife didn't feel comfortable with the unusual layout of the gear shift lever so that was out of the equation. However the 1800cc Spacio ticked all the boxes, very comfortable, a magnificent high drivers seat which she loves - very easy for her to get in and out though interestingly you can't see the bonnet -and agenerous boot (enormous when you fold the rear seats back) but which is also quite low making loading and unloading much easier for her. We'll never use the 2 extra rear seats hidden under the floor. We've only been out a couple of times - hideous weather today - but it seemed quite peppy - I think the extra 300ccs make a difference though will probably use a bit more fuel - and she reports it's a pleasure to drive.
So thanks again folks!

johnf_456, Jun 4, 11:10am
Good to hear

toxicgreen., Jun 4, 11:44am
So, wats going to happen later-wron!

johnf_456, Jun 4, 10:42pm
Nice way of putting it

cocabowla, Jun 5, 4:34am
these postings brought to by backhanderdiscount.com and blowyourowntrumpet.com

extrayda, Jun 5, 6:46am
Just looked like a happy customer saying thanks to me.People need to do this sort of thing when they are happy with service, usually we are quick to complain and slow to complement.

gunhand, Jun 5, 6:59am
Agree, this is a message board and the message is a good one of good service and that sounds good to me. Goodo Kaz.
I reckon when its time to buy again it would be worth the trip north myself.

cocabowla, Jun 5, 8:43am
maybe so if blowyourowntrumpet.com stayed out of it.

snoopy221, Jun 5, 12:37pm
Tony and his wife Kylie run a smallish yard (didn't count but at a guess maybe 40 + cars) and are on the go 7 days a week and live "on site". They were both incredibly helpful, listened very carefully and were very generous with their time. We never felt pushed or hurried
Sums it up noicely.IMHO. AND what many have come to know.
ALAS we have message bard police and well unideck morrisman and kazbanz have all sorta posted **had ENOUGH of bein picked on.(by message board police)
Ya KNOW.
CREDIT-WHERIN DESERVED IS JUST THAT.

cocabowla, Jun 5, 8:10pm
the mb police would probably do something about it, i'm merely commenting my thoughts.

never mind ,i've done my lot on these boards bar one thread so dont worry you wont see me post in here again.

flat_white_ltd, Jun 5, 8:47pm
don't let the door slam your ass on the way out

johnf_456, Jun 5, 9:51pm
Don't forgot to punch the wall on your way as well and rage.

http://stuwww.uvt.nl/iconn/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/thank_you_come_again.jpg

clark20, Jun 5, 11:30pm
Actual experiences should not be suppressed whether good or bad, and he can comment to reply if need be.

cocabowla, May 14, 10:48am
dont worry about me tony, i've got enough issues in my life to drag me down and little insignificant things on the message board are sometimes enough to make me bite thats why in my own interest i'm walking away from them .

p.sNO "John_456" i dont feel the need to punch a wall or be in a rage i'm just leaving of my own choice for my own sanity. i dont even need to say anything snide back to you.

"end transmission"