Jazz's secret 127 coupe project.

bmwnz, Jun 3, 6:41pm
Wow! Could it look any sillier!

jezz43, Jun 3, 6:42pm
probably, just add hydraulics or a enormous w@nk wing

sifty, Jun 3, 8:49pm
you forgot the huge exhaust.

mrfxit, Jun 3, 9:05pm
LOL could look really cool with a few more discreet body mods & a baby v6 front mounted or v8 mid mounted.
Single exhaust out the back
Has potential for being a really cool fun street toy or a total bling hash of a B/R heap of crud

guider1, Jun 3, 9:08pm
My question is how big is it's turning circle. lol.

mrfxit, Jun 3, 9:33pm
LOL ummm yea . good question!

r15, Jun 3, 9:46pm
i reckon it will be better than that of a D40 navara, better than a p11 primera and better than a EK civic sedan

phillip.weston, Jun 3, 10:41pm
I bet that's in Australia.

thejazzpianoma, Jun 4, 4:05am
LOL cheers for the laugh.
Actually, my very first Fiat was one of those. They are an absolute gem of a machine too. Easily do 100MPH 5l/100km on the open road and very little more in town.

Really clever design with regard to space, flat floor and removable passenger seat meant you could carry a lot of gear. Lots of other touches well ahead of its time too, like an electric radiator fan, low fuel light, clever mechanisms meant you couldn't leave the lights on or lock your keys in the car. Spare tyre under the bonnet meant the boot was huge too.

Sure it had bad torque steer and the syncro's didn't last forever but compared to the other cheap FWD's of the time they were really something, very under rated. I suspect because of the Nana styling.

guider1, Jun 4, 5:05am
I'd say similar to a Nissan Safari. utter cr*p! 17m if i'm not mistaken.

guider1, Jun 4, 5:06am
No offence intended jazz. I just know you're a passionate Fiat man.

guider1, Jun 4, 5:07am
Israel is the home of that bad boy.

johnf_456, Jun 4, 7:00am
Oh my

trogedon, Jun 4, 10:15am
They have some pretty steep hills obviously. I had a model of one of those when I was a kids. It was a big diecast one. Since then I've always thought they looked good for a litte commuter car. They shape always seemed ahead of its time.

thejazzpianoma, Jun 4, 10:18am
None taken! Quite the opposite I enjoyed the thread!

thejazzpianoma, Jun 4, 10:21am
The whole car was ahead of its time. They are a very capable little classic too, but are starting to fetch good money now. To think I sold my fully restored one for $1000. It looked really good too in Brittish racing green, for some reason the factory colours were almost a semi-gloss, pretty much machine paint like you would expect to see on an old lathe or drill press.

ginga4lyfe, Jun 4, 12:43pm
was that recent! Coz I saw a large silver american truck in puke the other day, and the bloke driving it didnt look too happy ( almost 1 and a half the length of the Triumph and the bonnet was at about shoulder height! ) , I didnt see it at the roundabout, but took up alot of the road it was on

toxicgreen., Jun 5, 9:30am
I reckon good on the OP , You all make bad comments, (people with good comments are thinkin they,ll get hammered) its easy to dislike a car,wrong colour,chromes not alloy etc,,,Its a novel idea and alot of work,not my sort of car but good effort.

thejazzpianoma, Jun 5, 9:43am
Engine bay is pretty short, however given you could get a 1600 OTC (which was aFiat 850 which is the same engine run in the opposite direction and put in the back of the car) except the OTC had the twin cam 1600. I would say there is a good chance that the 1600 - 2000cc Fiat Twin cams would easily slot in and if you were super lucky even accept the transmission without much effort.

The car weighs next to nothing from memory so you don't need masses of HP and those Fiat twin cams can be easily and cheaply tuned to go really well anyway.

fordcrzy, Jun 5, 9:57am
the 2 liter would be too tall. youd have to find yourself an odball 1592cc twin cam (not the 1608cc one) and throw a delta 16vhead on it.

fordcrzy, May 11, 4:12am
althought this guy managed to get a 2 liter 16 valve turbo in there so i guess it is possible.
http://www.youtube.com/watch!v=qpCIjc4eBq8 http://www.youtube.com/watch!v=adnvhPpuBTY&feature=youtu.be