04-06 Accord euro

Page 3 / 5
wrong2, Jun 3, 2:47am
i think scotty was so offended by how much higher quality interior & ride compared to his shitbox that hes been miffed about Accords since

ct9a, Jun 3, 4:52am
and most would also say the same about the sv6.in saying that both arnt sports cars,both were made as a family saloon for comfort,safety and emissions.nothing more

holden makes a broad range of commodores
honda only has the high spec euro R in the accord range.
but produces the k20a in the civic ep3 and dc5 integra also,which all 3 deliver way better feel threw the steering(less then previous models) have brembo brakes and recaro seats front and rear ,6speed lsd transmission ,momo steering wheel etc etc

ct9a, Jun 3, 4:53am
pretty sure most cars sadly now are built like that

high spec jdm rides use aluminum fender's and bonnets

liking the whole carbon compisits,carbon fibre etc development in vehicles

vtecintegra, Jun 3, 4:54am
The steering on newer Accords is a bit dead feeling, this is due to electric assistance which takes a little getting used to.

The rest of the dynamics are pretty good though, maybe not quite up to a Mazda 6 but certainly close.

richardmayes, Jun 3, 5:02am
Ahh, now I understand why your posts are so messed up.

You're thinking of the 1984-86 Accords.

Japanese cars have come a long way in the last 20 years. Aussie cars have not.

richardmayes, Jun 3, 5:05am
Interesting, I always thought the Accord was just as good. It was clearly a more luxurious car, so I thought that was to its credit that it could hang on through the twisties just as well as a lower-slung and more basic car like the mazda 6.

Hell, I find that all modern cars no matter where they come from have dead-feeling steering!

antwerp87, Jun 3, 5:09am
Yup. Teenager. Lol what ya don't like nissan's either! Why! Because instead of uncontrolled power there an intelligent car that if driven by an intelligent talented person can drive round a race track rather than skyte about there power output.

racing on a track is all about performance and technical driving. Standard cars are about a mixture of performance reliability and economy. None of which the sv6 has. yet its supposed to be the performance version of the 6 cylinders comodore. And the euro is nothing but a basic accord. Now lets see it stack up to a euro r in a straight line and around a corner lol

ct9a, Jun 3, 5:10am
No dont do that keep it all nissan and use the good ol 26det!

mugenb20b, Jun 3, 7:33am
Scotty, you're missing the point. OP doesn't care how fast a car accelerates. If there is 1 second difference in acceleration between the Accord and Commodore, so be it. It doesn't matter. The Accord is just a good all round car, it's reliable, comfortable, economical and fast enough for most people.

pandai, Jun 3, 7:35am
On this note you're completely missing the point (not the first!).Hondas are too expensive for the police to purchase, unlike many other brands, they do not allow any fleet discounts.

gunhand, Jun 3, 7:49am
You either compare 1 car with 1 car or not at all. Changing the specs, model etc is just because your loosing the battle.
You cannot compare.say a 1.8 stock auto subaru with STI now can ya. Or a 3.8/6 V6 with a shit stomping 6ltfrom the same stable.APPLES with APPLEs Not apples to ummm eeer whatever Fu%$in fruit is better.

richardmayes, Jun 3, 7:49am
OP:I'm sorry your thread has been so corrupted by spam.

I suggest you drive for yourself the model Holden Commodore that forum user Scotty20001 is talking about, before you draw any conclusions about them vs the Euro Accord.

I have driven both cars extensively (when they were new-ish), and in my opinion the Accord is a beautiful car and I would own one.

The Holden would make a better tow car for pulling a boat or a caravan, and the station wagon versions would be better for a very large family that often travelled with lots of luggage. But in every other way the Holden Commodores of this era are horrible cars, very rough and noisy and unrefined by comparison with the Honda.
As a personal car (or for a couple or small family) the additional power of the Holden engine is unnecessary, and I found it is scant compensation for the very poor ride characteristics and noise levels of these cars.

Both cars have proven, reliable engines and on average I would not expect one to age any better than the other.

Good bye, thread.

ct9a, Jun 3, 8:29pm
in a million $ race on a RACE TRACK
i would pick a euro R over a HSV.(dependant on which model)

as for a family vehicle ,consider a oldish man losing control of both the honda/sv6 ,which one would you say would be easier to control and which one would you rather have 3 kids in!

for me i would pick the honda.

ct9a, Jun 3, 8:35pm
that is untrue the euro R is quicker especialy 80kph onwards.

and what you are admitting to in this post is a basic accord 2.4 4cyl is equivalant to a 3.8 V6!

that makes the accord look alot better in most people eyes,it is understandable for aussies and kiwis to like the holdens and fords ,but in other country's no one really bother with importing them in in huge numbers like jap imports.

ct9a, Jun 3, 8:37pm
the problem being there is most rice boys have raced them in their jap vehicles and kicked there arses,i must say i use to like the hsv growing up but after owning half a dozen turbo cars that phase died off

ct9a, Jun 3, 8:44pm

ct9a, Jun 3, 8:49pm

ninja_man, Jun 3, 9:46pm
0-100 in 7 seconds is pretty shit from a v6 car. i mean my 1.8 N/A is quicker than that with way better fuel economy and handling. your sv6 is nothing to boast about.

ninja_man, Jun 3, 11:29pm
im just saying that hondas aren't as slow as people think, and they certainly aint "rice" like you were saying. I have an integra type r.

ninja_man, Jun 3, 11:38pm
around 6 seconds or so (stock), which is very good for a 1.8

thunderbolt, Jun 4, 12:28am
Since we are just posting clips to make Scotty jealous:

http://www.youtube.com/watch!v=-Vp-Phhiv4g

I want one!

P.s. turn those speakers up

antwerp87, Jun 4, 12:41am
Sadly what scotty doesnt get is that Honda have well made engines and cars that dont need large engine capacities to do the same thing. Hence why were saying a 2987cc V6 Honda engine can do what a 3.6l V6 can. In fact better. So there is comparing apples with apples. Smaller capacity engine better performance. In a shell that has better stability, handling and looks.
End.

thegravelracer, Jun 4, 12:51am
wann compare a apple with a apple well try a v6 top of the line holden vs a nsx-r on a track im not gonna go throgh the specs with you it's already obvious whtch car would preform better on a track ,road anywhere lol
sorry scotty but i dont think your getting your point through you may have to post another 100 odd messages

antwerp87, Jun 4, 1:00am
Thats Worthy of a LOL.
Scotty just got owned hehe.

ct9a, Jun 4, 1:13am
seriously what holden would have a chance against a NSX-R!

they our perform porsche,even ferrari's on the track