Fitting oil pressure gauge

hondalova, Jun 3, 8:09am
hi all. i just bought a A/M oil pressure gauge for my sr20de primera. this gauge is electric, the pressure switch does not have the correct thread. what could i do about this! it is the right size but the thread pitch is too fine to screw into engine.

foebangn, Jun 3, 9:25am
easyiest way is to take out the oil sender light plug bolt , take it into a hose shop like enzed hoses and get it " t" peiced to fit sender unit and to relocate the sender. sender units vibrates 2 much being str8 connected 2 the engine a fails faster. hope that helps

mk3zephyr, May 4, 5:10pm
your gauge is more than likely 1/8" bsp and the fitting in the engine is metric. A hose shop like the one mentioned above may not stock these (ive'e worked for a few and none stocked the adaptors) but they are avaliable ex fluid fittings for a steel one. From memory they are M12x1.5. If you have an outfit nearby that sells brass fittings ex Titon, The part number is 3200M1202 for a male to female bsp/metric adaptor, just check on that thread that goes into the block, Throw a pair of verniers over it and check the thread with a thread gauge that it is M12x1.5mm pitch (havnt got a fluid fittings book here to get the part number for a steel one sorry)