V8 commodore manual conversion!

keegan_doggzz, Jun 2, 3:54am
hay ive got a vp 5.0 and its auto im wanting to convert it to manual i was wondering if the 6 speed boxs out ov the ls1 motors fit a freind told me that holden have the same bell housings is this correct!

guider1, Jun 2, 4:01am
Very expensive & lots of mods to fit a 6spd Tremec to an older Holden (pre VT) 5.0L. Best bet is to find a T56 out of a Senator.
All Holden 304 5.0L & LS1 are chev bellhousing pattern.
6spd is a waste of time unless you're wanting to run low diff gears such as 4.11's. mates Senator was hardly ever in 6th, they're built for open highway cruising in Aussie, not little old NZ roads.

patiki1, Jun 2, 8:35am
Like guider said get one from a vr/vs senator.I installed a t56 in my VL,wouldnt do that again.I had to buy a bellhousing(dellow),bullet shifter to bring shifter forward(or backwards), electronic speedo,Clutch kit(auto clutch),new release bearing,new hydraulic pipes,bigger bore master clutch cylinder,new one piece driveshaft,modified gearbox crossmember.Dont think i had much change from 7 grand.

a65, Apr 29, 10:51pm
yep i have a vz 6spd ss uteand 6th geari hardly go there, had a vp ss auto good car , your better of selling the car and getting a vt 5.7 ltr manual or manual vp if thats what your after but the manual is a pig around town the auto is a far better car for town.