'93 RVR - rear fog lamps coming on with lights

phillip.weston, Jun 1, 9:04am
Hey guys - well it was inevitable, I picked up an RVR (my 2nd one so far!), despite having 240,000+ kms on the clock it runs like a swiss watch - not a single noisey hydraulic lifter or a hint of blue smoke!

However! I have noticed just tonight that when I turn my park lamps or headlamps on, the rear fog lamps come on with them. The rear fog lamp switch is indeed turned off, and makes no difference when the switch is turned on, apart from the light on the instrument cluster letting you know the rear fog lamps are on. Turning off/on the front fog lamps seems to make no difference either.

I don't want to be one of those pricks who drives around with rear fog lamps on blinding people, so short of just removing the bulbs entirely, has anyone else come across this oddity in an RVR (or even a Chariot) before!

Thanks!

bigfatmat1, Jun 1, 9:19am
is the fog lamp bulb the same as the park bulb ie double filliment. If it is the the filliment could of blowen and dropped onto the park backfeeding the circuitthis is common with park lights coming on when ya brake hence why i suggested it

dent, Jun 1, 9:19am
Im thinking the possibilty of a faulty/ colapsed switch.

bigfatmat1, Jun 1, 9:22am
I have never seen a mitsi with rear fog must be odd

dent, Jun 1, 9:28am
is it glowing normaly just wondering if sumhow the tail lights are drawing a earth throughthe fog lamp bulb.

phillip.weston, Jun 1, 9:31am
yeah both fog lamps seem to be as bright as they usually would. The tail lamps and brake lamps operate normally also.

bigfatmat1, Apr 27, 7:02pm
I would check those bulbs dont assume also remove the bulb and make sure if it is only a single filliment that there is only one contact not two with the wrong bulb