Red, Orange, Green lights. Nek Minute!

moosie_21, Jan 14, 10:05pm
Seriously, why do Kiwi's think they are orange! Everyone else around the world I have talked to says they are yellow! Why do you persist in being weirdly different! Are you all colour-blind, or have you eaten too many pumpkins over the years!

stock, Jan 14, 10:12pm
I thought they were amber!

whqqsh, Jan 14, 10:18pm
have you ever passed a hue test! I have (& was the only person out of 100 to get 100% correct) & IMO our lights are a lot closer to orange than yellow

bill-robinson, Jan 14, 10:38pm
I passed a hue(y) test on the big telephone. That the one you speak of!

geedubu, Jan 14, 10:58pm
Theyre the ones in the middle.Right!

moosie_21, Jan 14, 11:04pm
I'm not sure where amber or orange fits into the traffic light scheme. Maybe as a blend of yellow and red! Kind of "it's going to turn yellow soon, so speed up"!

whqqsh, Jan 14, 11:06pm
not quite but I was once quite an expert on on calling Huey on the big white telephone, either that or kneeling before the great white porcelain God

geedubu, Jan 14, 11:14pm
That's what I thought but glad to have it confirmed.BUT which is the one for speed up when there are only two lights at a corner, it always has me puzzled.Best idea is to get through there as quickly as possible.

gregmran, Jan 15, 12:12am
I, too, passed a test once.something to do with some blood in my alcohol.

kazbanz, Jan 15, 12:30am
heck moosie--does it really matter!

moosie_21, Jan 15, 12:54am
lol, I don't know, it's just one of those things you insist is right, but everyone else insists you are wrong about. Probably because I'm a Canadian, and everyone knows they're kind of slow to catch on to things, eh!

motorway, Jan 15, 1:11am
Amber - use Lager as a guide, i'm sure you're familiar with that.

berg, Jan 15, 1:14am
Driving the porcelain bus

trogedon, Jan 15, 2:16am
Hopefullly not with a passenger sitting right behind you.

galex, Jan 15, 5:41am
Different countries have different standards for the size and colour of lights. Nth America middle lights are more yellow in colour, ours are amber/orange. Yes my eyes have been colour tested as well :-)

fordcrzy, Jan 15, 6:30am
Having worked in the traffic industry I can tell you that even the manufacturers of the lamps call them yellow.

studio1, Jan 15, 1:29pm
+1.
Precisely. In some countries they are yellow - in NZ we have amber luminaires, which are mostly LED now.

jokerboss, Jan 15, 9:42pm
also in other countries it counts down in the order of the topic title.

..pip.., Jan 15, 10:27pm
Red, amber, green.Not orange OR yellow.

studio1, Jan 15, 11:28pm
In some countries you get a flashing amber to warn you that the lights are about to change to green.

jokerboss, Jan 16, 12:32am
that is what I meant