Subaru Legacy overheating

gemini_gurl, May 29, 6:56am
it seems the waters boiling, and coming back into the coolant tank. Any ideas on what would cause this!

rakaia40, May 29, 7:05am
blowin head gasket!

jezz43, May 29, 7:19am
could be blockage in the radiator or cooling system

gemini_gurl, May 29, 7:24am
Thanks. Water pump was leaking, was fixed the it started leaking oil. Replaced rocker cover gaskets and now it's overheating (and losing water.)

I think I like

jezz43, May 29, 7:28am
i had a similar problem in my nissan safari. overheated and spewed water out the coolant tank. turned out to have blocked rods in the radiator. bought a new radiator, problem gone. hope yours turns out to be as simple

im_andrew, May 29, 7:40am
Not to be the bearer of bad news, but it looks like its time for a new car. with the car cold and at idle, take off the radiator cap and see if the coolant under it is bubbling.

It does sound like a blown head gasket or cracked head though

rakaia40, May 29, 7:43am
yip did it get hot when ya water pump leaked subbies hate gettn hot

mugenb20b, May 29, 8:32am
At normal operating temperature, are both, upper and lower radiator hoses hot!

gemini_gurl, Apr 15, 11:13pm
The water pump was leaking about a year ago, it was then taken off the road because the owner thought it was the head (but didn't want to find out for sure) I was given it a couple weeks ago.

In between getting the water pump replaced and the rocker gaskets done it was only taken on a couple small trips - didn't lose any water. First trip since getting the rocker covers done and it starts over heating. Theres no coolant left, so I'll sort that out tomorrow, and and find the answers for the other questions.

Thanks