FORD V8 injection removal

h.e, May 23, 8:32am
i thought about it on my eb xr8,was having computer issues and had a guts full, thankfully i was talked out of it,tune ups needed,less economical,not original so worth less

franc123, May 23, 8:50am
what on earth for!Are you after a big power drop and worse fuel economy!

pollymay, May 23, 8:52am
what motor!

guider1, May 23, 9:55am
I wouldnt say you'd get less power. that's a generalisation. There are many injected motors in Aussie (LS1, Ford cammers) that have been changed to carb & are performing well.
Injection is definately more economical as it uses what it requires.
For tunability then carb is definately easier as you dont have to pay someone $650+ to tune it, it can be done by yourself if you know what you're doing.
Personally I would run injection over carb on a forced induction engine because it can be fine tuned right through the rev range. in some instances if you have a decent ECU it can be tuned every 150rpm. An n/a engine i'd rather it be carburetted.

fordguy17, May 24, 6:53am
Why would you want to!! Unless you are planning on running a huge cam with massive heads and don't want to pay for upgraded injection gear/tuning, I wouldn't bother.

fordguy17, May 24, 10:34am
So you would basically scrap all the good bits, just to have the tunnel ram look! Tunnel ram only looks good when it has two big carbies and an impressive engine beneath it. IMO they look completely out of place in an EB onwards Falcon which I'm guessing is what you have. Each to their own I guess.

fordguy17, May 24, 10:36am
You could possibly use the current lower manifold and have an upper manifold fabricated to fit a throttle body like you have suggest, but you still have to squeeze in the MAF. And the costs involved wouldn't be worth it. Why not get a custom shaker scoop made up!

trademan3, May 24, 10:39am
he asked if any 1 has done this not if he should.
yes i have carbed a efi 5.0 easy as

bjmh, May 26, 10:28pm
a mate has a 5 litre ford in a cobra he's building he sold all the injection garbage and fitted manifold /carb/ dizzy .looks like it should to this old guy.who gives a rats if its not economical .its a V8 for chrissakes

tshop, May 26, 10:59pm
Some prefer conventional engines & its not a step back mate if your still got electronic ignition. Performance would probably be better.

quickstitch, Apr 6, 10:16am
is it a manual car ! if so it sould be easy enough. i think auto computers talk to the engine computers so it could get complicated. If it is the case, then fit a C4 trans and problem solved (except you will need a adaptor bellhousing for opposite side starter motor), as you said , who gives a shite about economy. i too like the tunnelram look. just bought one for a cleveland 2V. and sold off the holley 450s and am replacing them with edelbrock 500s.