Peugeot 206 intermittent cut-out

gs1220, May 18, 10:52am
This seems to be an insoluble problem. What's the latest thought on this!

carmedic, May 18, 10:55am
That you could give a little more info

r15, May 18, 11:02am
isnt that a feature of that model!

(based on no knowledge other than what is provided here)

carmedic, May 18, 11:08am
The early ones had a lot of cutting out problems which Peugeot denied for some time, but sorted of later models. Of course we don??

gs1220, May 18, 11:23am
Thanks for the reply carmedic. I don't know the details, car belongs to a friend, 1399cc, petrol, low Kms. I wondered what the cause of the cutting out was.

thejazzpianoma, May 18, 11:35am
But then based on what you hear on here, Multipla's do 100MPG and are likely to bring world peace. Lifan motorcycles and Chinese cars are fantastic and flux capacitors are the most likely part of your vehicle to fail. Sometimes the legends are true. sometimes not so much.

bigracket, May 18, 1:08pm
Ha ha ha ha.

ginga4lyfe, May 18, 1:10pm
Believe them all that way you dont miss out even if the legends in question arnt really too true

pfemstn, May 18, 7:54pm
make sure battery terminals are clean and tight ! this model had ecu problerms which was denied by the agents! just google 206 peugeot cutting out!

gs1220, May 19, 5:09am
Thanks pfemstn. I see on one forum that the ECU has a program to shut down the engine if any of a number of systems sent it a fault signal. Could this be true! And is there any way of telling which system is doing the sending! Apparently not, or else it would be a quick fix for the Peugeot techs.

craig.t, May 19, 7:49pm
No a fault detected wont shut the engine down.
The first place I would look is the double relay under the engine ecu in the RF of the engine bay, ECU is just held in by one 10mm nut. Controls main power supply to ECU, fuel pump etc

craig.t, Mar 17, 1:10pm
Also carbon buildup in the ISC can cause stalling, some are mounted on the side of the throttle body and some on the rear of the plenum chamber. Held on by 2 torx20 screws they are very easy to remove and clean. Also pays to clean the throtle body at the same time. Also check where the battery negative cable runs down to the gearbox, where the end is crimped on the cable can break through