Cars leaking oil, help?

gemini_gurl, May 18, 2:17am
(95 Subaru Legacy GT) has been parked up for about a year due to suspected blown head gasket (apparently - car has just been given to me) however the water pump was replaced on friday and it seems ok (waterwise since.)

The car was out of oil almost, the mechanic put around 3.5 litres in. Saturday morning I noticed it was leaking from 2 spots, it's leaked since then but in the last 2 days the oil level hasn't gone down - the cars smoking from around the oil tank area when driven though and it leaks a bit after(cos it's heated up!) The car was only driven a couple hundred metres so I could get it up to temp to check the water.

Sorry if that makes no sense, it's a bit of a novel.

thunderbolt, May 18, 2:44am
Not sure what you mean when you say oil tank, but they are prone to rocker cover gasket leakage. Easily rectified by replacing the gaskets.

gemini_gurl, May 18, 3:40am
Oil tank - the thing where the oil goes lol. Not really sure what it's name is, thats the best way to describe what I mean *blushes*

I did search, but all I really got was 101 opinions on whether legacys are shite or not (and I'm still non the wiser ;) )

Is there 2 rocker cover gaskets! The leaks seem to be coming from the same spots pretty much on both sides.