How to stop car windows fogging up

Page 1 / 2
rachsta, May 12, 6:00am
Hey there, my car windows fog up repeatedly - nights and first thing in the morning. A/C doesn't seem to help. Could this be from a possible water leak on the passengers side! Yours truly, dimwit!

mugenb20b, May 12, 6:11am
That's most likely because it's short of gas.

johnf_456, May 12, 6:12am
Do you mean inside fogging or outside. Try something like rainx, but really this weather right now is crap so everyone pretty much gets it.

bluecambridge, May 12, 6:16am
sounds like there's something wrong with your a/c! My windows unfog real quick when i use the a/c.

johnf_456, May 12, 6:18am
I don't even have an issue with no AC

jasongroves, May 12, 6:19am
Make sure the air is set to 'Fresh' not 'Re-circulate'.

mugenb20b, May 12, 6:35am
That's because you park you car under cover.

johnf_456, May 12, 6:39am
Its not actually in my work hack, the car doesn't have aircon. RainX and the heater does me fine with it on fresh air

rachsta, May 12, 6:50am
Thanks guys, will try RainX. Much appreciated.

rachsta, May 12, 6:51am
A/C clears it a tad in the morning, its the evening thats the worst. But then again the weather here has been pretty full on.

trouser, May 12, 6:52am
The water leak will be making for loads of condensation.

rob_man, May 12, 6:54am
Wind your windows down a bit before you get in the back seat with your boyfriend

m16d, May 12, 6:56am
Get yourself a squeegie from the 2 dorra shop.

bluecambridge, May 12, 7:02am
what's this rainx and what does it do!

johnf_456, May 12, 7:05am
http://www.rainx.com/ and search the messageboards, a lot here swear by it

richard198, May 12, 7:59am
Rainx is good; I've used it on my motorcycle visor for the last 24yrs.
Or Pert 2'n1 works well (some racing drivers use it) and I do on my bathroom mirror!

gofer0007, May 13, 8:55pm
AC all the way, its a dehumidifyer and does the job perfect;ly.unfortunately very very little car sale persons do not tell the new owners to use this during winter in conjunction with the heater as they are , well to the most, unskilled. AC are to be used most times as a climate controler there for eliminating the fogging up. AC on in winter and control the heater for comfort.Its a bit sad that so many people dont know the basics about motor vehicles but thats the NZ car market for you . We need to spend less time reinventing some thing that was and has been done years ago around the world and learn the basics first then move on. Hahah i blame Repco for selling tools to people with out proof of amotor mechanics certificate. :)

johnf_456, May 13, 9:45pm
So your saying you have to have a motor mechanics qualification to work on cars! A disc can still be lightly skimmed and still the correct legal thickness.

guider1, May 13, 9:52pm
You beat me to it.

wizid, May 13, 10:29pm
tell the bfto stop breathing .i use rain x bother anti fog and rain repellent. both work well

rachsta, May 14, 2:58am
I'm single, but thanks for all the words of wisdom. Will try the RainX - ta!

gofer0007, May 16, 6:19am
No, for basic wheel changes and plugs and air filters thats fine but there are too many "she'll be alright" tool weilding folks out there that always m\seem to be better than those that made the ffort to get the qualifications thats all.

lilyfield, May 16, 6:24am
rub the glass with a cut potato- cheap alternative

bluecambridge, May 16, 6:27am
LOL after all that starch smearing all over the window it will be worse than the original fogging problem!

johnf_456, May 16, 6:29am
Yes pap.