Insurance.

_peas, May 16, 12:14am
Sorry prob been done to death before but anyone gota really good deal on insurance.Over 25, full license, no crashes/convictions, Auckland based etc.With AA at the moment but just in process and changing cars and thinking that the new quote for a ~$5000 2000cc wagon is up there at $630pa.Does that sounds ballpark or am I being bent over and. well you know how they are.

Or a good broker you can recommend.

johnf_456, May 16, 12:16am
Why not ring around and see what others offer you, they will happily give you free quotes.

_peas, May 16, 12:21am
I could do that John but also wanted recommendations.You can get cheap insurance, but its cheap for a reason. poor handling of claims, low payout rate etc.

neo_psy, May 16, 12:46am
AMI for us. When we've had claims they were fine. And now, they essentially have a Government guarantee.

jason18, May 16, 1:05am
AMI is and has always been the cheapest for me. I got my 6k wagon insured for i think it was about 400 a year

johnf_456, May 16, 1:08am
AMI here too and very good on pricing, not to mention they are great to deal with on the phone like my bad experience with state.

vtecintegra, May 16, 1:14am
I wouldn't go with AMI on principle after that bail-out debacle.

johnf_456, May 16, 1:18am
They are not going under, the government is looking after it. Everytime I have I have claimed on glass repairs or others I know on other stuff, they have always paid out. If anything its hurting them, but each to their own.

_peas, May 16, 2:44am
Well AMI has a $100 less excess and is $132 cheaper annually than the AA which is 20% in terms of %'s!Got a couple to try on Monday. see if they can beat that!

ash369, May 16, 3:56am
Yep.Been with AMI for 10 yrs.No probs.Have to renew premium next month so watching re chch events and bailout.Probably will continue with AMI -- but listening to advice.

_peas, May 16, 4:06am
Tower. marginally (like $13 a year) more than AA but seem to offer more for the money.

spandkp, May 16, 8:45am
AA seems to be the best, get more perks out of them and cheaper in the long run

stevo2, Feb 25, 11:14pm
I've got 2 with AA and 1 with AMI. Happy with both of them
Cheers Stevo