Suzuki versus Hyundai

ray59, May 15, 4:43am
I am looking at buying either a Suzukl Vitara 4WD 2L or 2.7L or a Hyundai Tuscon 2L or 2.7L. Has anyone got any recommendations as to what to buy.

gingercrush, May 15, 4:53am
If used stay clear of the Tuscon. The new model maybe alright.

franc123, May 15, 4:58am
It depends on whether you want a proper 4x4 with decent offroad ability and good resale value or a Korean toy that hasn't!Certainly don't get a 2L Tucson, the engine is simply too small for it, without comparing the weights it feels a lot heavier than the likes of a RAV4 and it just doesn't perform as it should.Both the manual and auto tran's aren't very nice to use either.By contrast the 2L Vitara seems quite perky, I wouldn't bother getting a 2.0 or 2.5V6 Vitara, they don't go much better than the fours and are significantly more thirsty and expensive to fix when things do go wrong.

ray59, May 15, 5:06am
I only use the 4WD for going fishing down the beach where you need it to use it on the shingle. Looking at 07-09 models. Just need to tow a 8x4 trailer. At present I have a 3.2 Terrano. I do about 15000 kms a year.

ray59, May 15, 6:17am
Prices seem to be pretty much the same. Does the Tuscon lose more when reselling! and are the earlier ones faulty in any way!

oakie, Feb 23, 11:44am
I bought a new Tucson 2.7 V6 and what a gas guzzler, never had a problem with it over 60,000 kms although I thought it was gutless on hills etc.
They are reliable cars these days.