Need help with u13 4wd manual turbo!

hoonin, May 12, 9:55am
Ok so have a u13 manual 4wd, sr20det running 250kw at the flywheel. Just spent 7k on motor, and third gear blows up. This is the third time the gearbox has failed me and i cant get hold of another one. so need to know if i can put in the bluebird center diff into a gtir gearbox as the gtir runs different center diff ratios which will lock up the rear diff. Any ideas!

hijacka, May 12, 9:59am
Its not the centre diff that failing you thou. What type of clutch are you running!

morrisman1, May 12, 10:26am
you spent 7k on a bluebird!

jsbike, May 12, 10:45am
only 7000rpm! took 9000rpm to blow my nissans front diff. was making some quite "interesting" engine noises by then though lol

bubbles244, May 12, 3:46pm
if you spent 7 k on the engine you might as well spend 7 k on straight cut dog engagement gearset.

or just buy a car that can handle the power.i.e. skyline

hoonin, May 12, 7:18pm
i realize its a weak box and yes ive spent big $$ on this car mainly cause i didnt want skyline or evo like everyone else. on my third clutch now from autoclutch and they are not being helpful at all so going to a exedy one which will handle the power but my real question is can a u13 center diff fit into a gtir housing so i can use the complete gtir box.yeah i know its the gearbox that is failing me but i need it back on the road and i cant find a u13 box

rbjz, May 13, 7:35am
5 points

dent, May 15, 10:32am
so dont get a clutch that is to strong. You want your clutch to be the weakest part not your gearbox and unfortunly they arnt that strong.

johnf_456, Feb 22, 12:06pm
Get a good clutch