Gotta love mechanics

shaun16, May 14, 1:14am
they fix other peoples cars all day but dont look after there own.
Took my car to garage, said it needed to be ready by 1pm which he said was fine. wasnt so he said i could borrow his own personal car (which was nice of him) but every time i turneda corner theres some horrible rubbing/grinding noise coming from the steering area.

shaun16, May 14, 1:22am
you could be correct. im driving it nicely though as hes a good guy and i dont want to damage it, as i would most likely end up having to pay for it.
Bad enough paying to fix my own heap of sh@t

zab054, May 14, 1:55am
Hes smart,hes lent you a car thats worse than yours,so when you get back into yours you will be so impressed with the way yours is and be a happy customer.

johnf_456, May 14, 4:55am
Sadly mechanics often spend so much time working on customers car they can't be bothered working on there own outside of work.

mugenb20b, May 14, 6:34am
Not me. My cars are spot on, regularly serviced, no clunks, rattles or grinding noises. Even the smallest squeak would drive me insane.

by_hdt, May 14, 7:31am
same here, both my cars are like new.

johnf_456, May 14, 7:36am
Neither but a lot are like that, I'm too much of a fuss pot with cars. Has to be primo right and running properly. If anything I fuss too much.

iginoi, May 14, 8:34am
+1. You can get some mechs though who's cars are pieces of crap (e.g. your courtesy car) Same as some panelbeaters cars are full of dents, some builder's houses are never completely finished (aye Dad)
I'd go back, ask how your car's getting on and mention the noises you're hearing just to clear your name if he tries to have you up about it later

ml6989, May 14, 9:38am
It is just an 'In trade' or tradesman thing, a carpenter has the roof of his house falling in, a plumber has leaky tap washers, an electrician has half his lights not working and a mechanic never has his car running right.

franc123, May 14, 9:46am
Have you also noticed that dentists don't necessarily have good teeth and doctors can be chainsmokers too!I think there is a bit of truth in you theory.Although most guys I've worked with in the motor trade may not have daily drivers that are pretty to look at and are getting a bit mechanically daggy they've got at least one toy thats perfect in every way or being done up to be perfect in every way.

im_andrew, May 14, 10:01am
I think the cause of the whole situation is that mechanics will buy cars with known problems because they are cheap, aiming to fix them themselves. then never get around to it.

All my cars are like that.

ml6989, May 15, 8:48am
The problem for dentists is, I would think, that unlike us mechanics, they are not really able to fix their own problems. I mean, self dentistry! I wouldn't send my car to a mechanic given the charge out rate, fair and all as it is. Imagine a dentist paying another dentist given their charge out rates!

franc123, May 15, 8:55am
Given their charge out rates it would even out I'd have thought, they're not exactly poor.Or maybe they have mates rates!I was coming more from the angle that they would know more than anyone else about the consequences of not correcting dental problems quickly and would look after their own teeth to a high standard.

johnf_456, May 15, 9:06am
Most dentist I go to have fine teeth but then again I only go when there is a problem.

ralphdog1, May 15, 9:11am
Why would you send your car to a dentist to fix, that's just stupid.

ralphdog1, May 15, 9:13am
And why you picking on Intrade, he is the shizz when it comes to Jappa diesels

johnf_456, May 15, 9:20am
Lamo, bed time ralph

franc123, May 15, 9:23am
Go back to sleep.

ralphdog1, May 15, 9:29am
Come on franc, I've got rid of Johny for the night.that is gotta be worth some points

johnf_456, May 15, 9:31am
No you haven't I meant to quote you, but fixed it up.

ml6989, May 15, 9:31am
That is very clever of you to notice that line ralphdog. I was not picking on him at all, and I am sure he would respond accordingly if he thought I was.

ralphdog1, Feb 22, 11:16am
Oh dear, I had better be careful if you are still around