2 litre station wagon opinions

Page 2 / 2
bluecambridge, May 8, 7:59am
oh yep you'll find some manual ones as well

motorcycleparts, May 8, 8:05am
Definitely prefer a manual 4 cylinder, and thanks for the advice on the subbies.

rbrassey, May 8, 8:29am
Mondeos have a reputation for expensive parts which sometimes need to be specially imported - though I've never owned one.You can't go wrong with a Corolla 1.8 wagon & if you want better performance & can afford it, the Fielder Z version - 190hp, 6spd box & I get 7.1 l/100km open road.

richard198, May 8, 8:54am
Although I drive a 4wd Caldina, the Nissan Stageas are worth looking at.

zirconium, May 8, 8:31pm
Corolla would seem very small compared to the cars OP is looking at. :) Nothing wrong with them though, we have a 4WD carib (same size as a corolla) which we all love!

xs1100, May 8, 9:14pm
if you want a s/w that will go for ever and a day hard to beat either a nissan wingroad or a toyota camry.
if you want a heap of trouble get a old mondeo (english engineeering) or a subaru turbo

motorcycleparts, May 8, 9:56pm
would be looking at a 2000 onwards mondeo, are they still crap too !

wrong2, May 8, 10:06pm
engine & (manuel) gearboxes are solid

like other cars it will be little things/electrics that will give you trouble as the mileage creeps up

camrys & corrolas have a reliability reputation for a reason. but then again you could end up with one that hasnt been serviced like it should. the rules around used car buying still apply despite their reputation

motorcycleparts, May 8, 10:11pm
are Subaru's as bad as perceived, apart from the obvious boy racer ones, stock ones manual of course how do they fair up

ryanm2, May 8, 10:16pm
i like Suby's. They may use a bit more gas, but they are fulltime 4wd, and are quite high spec compared to toyota's of same year. As i said earlier, dickheads do drive them so just be choosy when you look at them, there are heaps of late 90's legacys at great prices as people perceive them to be thirsty heaps of crap (some may think thats not far off the mark). I have had 8 legacy's in my time, i blew an oil cooler hose once, that was my first one. Been fine since. another option would be a Primera.
Currently looking at a Lancaster Legacy.

wrong2, May 8, 10:17pm
i dont like them

but thats based on seeing how regular the turbos ones let go when driven hard

Toyota are going to use the Subaru engine in an upcoming sports car

ryanm2, May 8, 10:17pm
My M6 Primera used the same amount of gas as my Ts-R legacy too.

motorcycleparts, May 8, 10:34pm
Volvo v70 t5 2.0 1999what about this!

xs1100, May 9, 5:59am
its a volvo nearly as bad as a mondeo go japanese camry/wingroad

bluecambridge, Jan 30, 2:06pm
as xs1100 said, the last thing you want to buy is a second-hand european, unless you have very deep pockets. Why not just get a camry/wingroad! Simple engineering, super-reliable, cheap to run, plentiful secondhand parts if required.