K&N AIRFILTERS STANDARD REPLACEMENT TYPES ONLY

beart0y, May 6, 9:27am
Who has used these for a long period of time in all conditions! What are your views on them! Are they efficent at removing dirt or do they let alot of undesirables through!

m16d, May 6, 9:48am
Well who really knows.They certainly dont look as fine as a paper one, but the oil on the filter seems to pick up lots of dust.
The only real advantage is they're reusable.

clark20, May 6, 11:22am
Yep, always good,

gtrnut, May 8, 1:11am
never had a problem just recommendto buy cleaning kit to

200sx, May 8, 1:30am
Yep - used them for a few years (standard panel filter replacement ones) on 3 different cars. They do improve performance slightly, so for $120 odd bucks why not. Make sure when your car gets serviced the workshop guys don't swap it out with a $15 repco special. Agree with previous poster, get a cleaning kit.

200sx, May 8, 4:10am
I must have had a lucky run then over the course of about 200,000kms of using K+N filters!

mugenb20b, May 8, 5:49am
I used to have a K/N filter on my old Hilux Surf, it was only a 2 litre efi motor. Made absolutely no difference in performance or economy, and I had to keep on buying cleaning kits. Pain in the arse.

noswalg, May 8, 6:58am
When did twin sideys and extractors ever go out! I'd prefer the sound of twin 45's opening up at full throttle to a whistle any day

bubbles52, May 8, 9:05am
my commodore has better economy and performance with a k and n panel filter

NZTools, May 8, 9:17am
Assuming you used it to replace a an old clogged panel filter (which is exactly what everyone does) of course you would have found an improvement. If you replaced your clogged filter with a new OEM item, you would have also noticed an improvement

clark20, May 8, 9:41am
http://www.vcmstore.com.au/epages/shop.sf/en_AU/!ObjectPath=/Shops/vcmperformance/Products/VI-VEOTR-MAF

Got one of these with a K&N inside it, bob maybe some guys over oil them, but I have never had a problem on my cars.

bubbles52, Jan 29, 8:13am
There was nothing wrong with the original ryco filter, the dyno proved it has better air flow aswell