XB Falcon Coupe value ?

Page 1 / 2
graham32, May 6, 8:32am
Just been offered one dirt cheap, live plates, almost new interior, no motor or box, what is one worth nowadays

graham32, May 6, 8:42am
Dont know my ford history that well at all, it was a factory 351, thats about all i know.

xs1100, May 6, 8:44am
any chance of the original motor or long gone.definatley a great wimter project if cheap enough

stevo2, May 6, 8:45am
Im keen if you dont want it. Cheers Stevo

gunhand, May 6, 8:47am
Worth good money now if in good nick and even better orig. Rusty no doubt, has been or is. Come on Rob you cant tell me you dont know about the coon coupes.
And yes there wa a cobra version with the blue stripes.

xacoon, May 6, 8:54am
400 cobras were built to get rid of the last of the xc hardtops

hfc2, May 6, 9:00am
BE CAREFUL OFRUST , IE AROUND B OOT ANDLOWER DOOR SILLS , SUCH A SHAME RE RUST ISSUES AS A CLASICKSHAPE ANDCOOLO CAR. Motor ie 351 clevo all good.

xacoon, May 6, 9:04am
I think they are a lesser vehicle too, although it is a nice view over the bonet of an xb all the same. just made the xc comment as gunhand had mentioned the cobras.

gunhand, May 6, 9:05am
Hmm Cars that have been sitting for years in primer always worry me. what does the owner say as to why its stripped and in primer!
Could be a good score if you get it cheap enough and have a dollers or know how to do it up. Why did you delete post 12!

gunhand, May 6, 9:10am

graham32, May 6, 9:13am
Deleted it as i wrote in caps lock, and i dont like shouting on the message board

xacoon, May 6, 9:15am
while I have some paintshop boys here. is there a rustkiller/primer that is easily available to joe blogs! have an xa sedan I was going to throw back together and there is a bit of surface rust on the firewall around the clutch master cylinder and brake booster, dont really want to take it back to bare metal to paint just this bit, or do I have no option!

graham32, May 6, 9:18am
Current owner bought it in this condition about 15 years ago, and iy had been stored prior to that, i cannot see any rust at all in it around it or under it, perhaps its ones of those cars you read about and wish you found it yourself.

xacoon, May 6, 9:18am
note where the aerial is. I hate them on the guards, reckon it ruins the lines

graham32, May 6, 9:19am
They are a nice looking car, even if this one is just a falcon,

gunhand, May 6, 9:20am
Yip, go to repco, supercheap or any paint shop really. Theres a multitude of ones out there to use. I used to use the one in the black and orange bottle (name of which i forget write now) and worked well. Theres heaps out there.

xacoon, May 6, 9:23am
gorgeous car no two ways about it. I have a wagon sedans pickup and ute, but damn I want a coupe!

xacoon, May 6, 9:25am
so that stuff (I know the one you mean, also cant remember name.) works pretty good then! just dont want to drag the car sans motor all the way to town just for painting this bit then drag it home again.

gunhand, May 6, 9:30am
Yep. I once done a whole car body in it as it had surface rust all over the thing and the owner didnt want to blast it in any way so i sprayed it on left it to do its thing and primed over it. No issues at all years later. It does act as a primer an etch.
Black gaurd works fine. Ive got ome I got from repco in the garage and it is also fine.

quickstitch, May 6, 9:33am
Tergoseal rust convertor !

xacoon, May 6, 9:36am
sweet cheers might have to find an excuse to bugger off into town tomorrow then. supplies for duck shooting, thats a near enough excuse.

brokebloke1, May 6, 9:37am
i picked up a falcon coupe just after xmas last year found out it was a geni GT it was all in pieces and in a shed ."barn find"
old bloke who sold it to be said it was his daughters car, she was in the UK and didnt want the car anymore.
He sold it thru the chch " buy sell, exchange.

grangies, May 6, 7:02pm
Brunox!

74nova, May 6, 7:09pm
Rust is repairable. how much has he offered it to you for! If it doesn't need too much work you can put a motor/gear box back in, paint it satin black and you got a cool car worth heaps. That shape falcon coupe is the only ford I like.

unclejake, May 6, 10:38pm
I would very much like such a thing to happen to me