Nissan stuck in overdrive

ambo11, May 4, 7:37am
Tested a Nissan Avenir today, auto transmission shifts well, but is stuck in overdrive, hopefully its just an overdrive button fault. Any problems with it being in permanent overdrive! Mostly open road driving.and is this a common fault! Sr18De motor, 4 stage auto. Cheers

therafter1, May 4, 7:40am
probably not the best no . they have a lock up system in them that probably won't engage until O/D has been de-selected.

for_an_angel, May 4, 7:48am
I'm a little confused with the situation. So the trans shifts well but is stuck in top gear with lockup engaged! In my mind this just can't happen! you may need to elaborate a little please.

ambo11, May 4, 7:52am
Hi, the car drives perfectly round town and on the open road, but it appears to shift 4 or 5 times speeding up from zero to 100km/h, and settles on 2500rpm @ 100km/h which would be correct revs with overdrive on. But when I push the overdrive button in and out there is no light on the dash, and no change in revs to show it is coming out of overdrive. It seems to be stuck in overdrive.

luke041, May 4, 8:12am
sounds like just the button I wouldnt worry about it.

for_an_angel, May 4, 8:17am
Yea not so much stuck in overdrive, more a case of the switch not working. It wont be a problem really as the trans will select the correct gear when required. no real need to switch out of o/d

therafter1, Jan 12, 1:18pm
I read the original post the wrong way round lol