Hi Jazz

mike77, Apr 30, 7:53am
I've been wondering, what sort of cars do you own / drive!

I'm guessing a VS commodore, and 91 corolla for the missus - but a super quick internet connection for researching facts and what not!

Only kidding mate, I usually agree with ya at least 45 - 50% of the time.

grangies, Apr 30, 8:00am
Ewwwwwww surely he doesn't have a VS Commodore.

thejazzpianoma, Apr 30, 8:01am
Gidday mike.
Sadly I have had to reduce the fleet since I have been crook. So just the 75 Alfa Spider, Mercedes W123 Diesel, 77 Fiat 850T, Multipla and an old Uno at the moment.

Funnily enough though. I have had two Corolla's. There was a time when they were really good buying and plenty of car for the money. I used to recommend them a lot then too. But times change.

I have never owned a commodore but have owned a Torana! So your not as far away as you might think. I have also had my share of Brittish, Japanese and German Stuff.

Glad to see you are slowly being drawn to the dark side. Its the last 1% you worry about. Its like I was saying to Kaz the other day when he agreed with me,

Tis a slippery slope.

One day you are agreeing on some seemingly innocent common ground. The next you wake up to a yard that could pass as the carpark at St Peter's Basilica. Your coffee is too strong and the cup is too small. The family pet looks more like a blow dried sheep than a dog, and your favourite jacket has "Lambretta" embroidered on the back.

Oh, and you find yourself spending much of the day explaining that its a satin cow hide satchel. not a "bag".

thejazzpianoma, Apr 30, 8:02am
What do you drive mike!

mike77, Apr 30, 8:28am
Ha ha, 45% and dropping I think.

Only today brought a BA falc wgn - basic lazy car seats 5, comfy, tows boat and fits tools. See the modeo thread! Best of all cheap!
Still have an EL wgn dunga at home to get rid of (Best car ever owned - honest! shit it's had a good run) sold a XG xr6 ute earlier this year and had an XF ute before that.
Plus a couple of jappas thrown in. keep the blasted things too long to have a decent history.
Am on the lookout for a Mk 4 golf for wifey. (You'ld like that)

Personally would prefer a diesel dble cab ute for my needs - just can't get over paying for one!

ralphdog1, Apr 30, 8:41am
What model Torana Jazz! (I still have the 2850S that was my first car about 30 years ago)

stevo2, Apr 30, 6:37pm
The Spider is the only one in your fleet I'd be keen on. Have always wanted an Alfa and the Spider would be my pick of that era. GTV would be great too.
Cheers Stevo

thejazzpianoma, Apr 30, 11:16pm
I say Torana. but just like people in Greenlane say they live in Howick. it was really a Sunturd.

LX with the mighty Opel motor & a Traumatic. It was actually very nice to travel in and I liked the looks but the motor and trans ruined it.

I remember the thing was so slow that one day the throttle stuck wide open. I just continued on my journey and switched it off when I arrived. Power of the mighty radial tuned suspension and all!

thejazzpianoma, Apr 30, 11:19pm
What!! You wouldn't like the only 850T Amigo left in the country!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/liutk/DSC01279.jpg

thejazzpianoma, Apr 30, 11:26pm
You know. an Amarok and a Golf would make a nice pair!

Seriously though, if you are looking for a MK 4 Golf try and get a GTI. The other motors spoil a really nice car in my opinion and may leave a bad taste in your mouth if this is your first German beastie. The GTI of that era was no cut down fire breather with ridiculous suspension or any other compromises. Its just a really nice car with a good usable amount of power. Its even more important if she wants an Auto as you can get a GTI with the 5 speed tiptronic.

There is a GT wagon (same great motor) going up here pretty cheap (for a GT anyway) if that appeals.

You should get her to check out the Audi A3's too, sometimes they are better value depending on what you want and they tend to be a lot easer to get with the 1.8T being the same Golf GTI motor.

Feel free to hit me up when it comes time to go shopping. you know how much fun I would have suggesting options!

craig04, May 1, 3:39am
Why would anyone aspire to live in Howick!

thejazzpianoma, May 1, 3:45am
Whoops, what on earth was I thinking. I mean Remuera. too late at night me thinks. Nice to see you around the traps again Craig! I was worried you may have got a real life and left us all behind!

mugenb20b, Dec 31, 2:58pm
There was heaps of those cars where I came from. But, they also had a rebadged and slightly reshaped version made by Zastava in former Yugoslavia.