Clutch trouble. Ok where to start bought a brand new gbox for isuzu elf couldnt get into gear so had to shorten selector arm as

Page 1 / 2
scoobeey, Apr 25, 8:06am
ok where to start , Bought a brand new gbox for isuzu elf .Couldnt get into gear so had to shorten selector arm as chinese didnt copy too well!had flywheel machined . new spigot bearing .clutch plate is correct way around . new release bearing installed correctly.new slave cylinder. Bled .pedal hard. Clutch is not working. select a gear and start truck gbox workin ok just not clutch .clutch moves on spline okany ideas where to start

crzyhrse, Apr 25, 8:10am
Not working as in won't engage or won't disengage!

crzyhrse, Apr 25, 8:11am
Did you check the gearbox before fitting to make sure that when the input shaft is turned the output shaft turns when a gear is selected! I mean. it is chinese, right!

scoobeey, Apr 25, 8:41am
x1
yes works fine

crzyhrse, Apr 25, 8:51am
Then you've done something wrong that you think you haven't.

Don't worry about the other question.

crzyhrse, Apr 25, 9:06am
It looks like this is one of those people who only answer part of the questions posed. I shouldn't bother if I were you, jmma. I'm not going to.

scoobeey, Apr 25, 9:07am
wont engage so any ideas

scoobeey, Apr 25, 9:09am
crzyhrse wrote:
It looks like this is one of those people who only answer part of the questions posed. I shouldn't bother if I were you, jmma. I'm not going to.[/quote
Ok dont bother pss off then

snoopy221, Apr 25, 9:10am
ok where to start , Bought a brand new gbox for isuzu elf
Good start-STOP there.LOL.
I.E. was the original clutch left as same-and whay was the box bought!

snoopy221, Apr 25, 9:12am
Lemme see where does one start! mmmmm new clutch covered in varnish and has drag/wrong bore size new slave cyl.mmmmmmmmmm!
Start at the VERY start-another box and problems!
I.E. was it JUST the box done!

scoobeey, Apr 25, 9:14am
same clutch .Took off to have flywheel machined and clutch reinstalled. I did 250k in last box and was not productive to rebuild.

snoopy221, Apr 25, 9:16am
same clutch .Took off to have flywheel machined and clutch reinstalled Damn ya scoobey i'm not programed for that-LOL-I.E. can't recall if the ole elf is a stepped flywheel.
Kapeesh!

jmma, Apr 25, 9:21am
shaft jamming in spigot bearing, ie different sizes!

scoobeey, Apr 25, 9:26am
no its a flat surface.

scoobeey, Apr 25, 9:29am
yes something to look at cheers

crzyhrse, Apr 25, 9:30am
You guys like playing hangman!

snoopy221, Apr 25, 9:30am
Okay. so it is if i read right the ORIGINAL clutch plate! I.E. a new plate has friction material with grooves-a worn one can vacuum on to the flywheel a tad-problem seems to be clutch drag-and have struck this before from a contaminated clutch plate. Also worn plates with undrilled rivets can vacuum
again Kapeesh!
Understand!

scoobeey, Apr 25, 9:34am
old clutch done 7000km had just done

crzyhrse, Apr 25, 9:35am
Long time no hear, snoop-dog.

Now we can see why I asked.

snoopy221, Apr 25, 9:36am
ok where to start , Bought a brand new gbox for isuzu elf .Couldnt get into gear so had to shorten selector arm as chinese didnt copy too well!had flywheel machined . new spigot bearing .clutch plate is correct way around . new release bearing installed correctly.new slave cylinder. Bled .pedal hard. Clutch is not working. select a gear and start truck gbox workin ok just not clutch

snoopy221, Apr 25, 9:37am
ok where to start , Bought a brand new gbox for isuzu elf .Couldnt get into gear so had to shorten selector arm
Well that didn't work so AGAIN
perhaps a reword of the original post
I.E. just a new box! and no clutch drag problems prior!

snoopy221, Apr 25, 9:38am
Long time no hear, snoop-dog.
aye.

scoobeey, Apr 25, 9:43am
sorry thats 70 k lol

scoobeey, Apr 25, 9:46am
yes shortining selector arm sorted one problem as gearlever wasnt in windscreen lol.yes just a new box clutch wasorkin fine before

crzyhrse, Apr 25, 9:48am
Presumably the box came with the clutch fork.