AVS alarm playing up

hollyshaw, Apr 24, 10:11am
Just wondering if anyone can help me on this.
I have a avs 5 star alarm. recently (again) when trying to start the car, after disarming it the immboilser keeps kicking in and stopping the car from starting. This has been getting worse in the last few months.
When cranking the car to start the blue light flashes up and the car stops from cranking. I can keep trying to start the car and it keeps doing it. It was doing this just under a year ago, went back the place I had it installed and eventually the module was replaced. Since then the place had closed down so I have no idea where I can take it to get it fixed under warranty. (still have a year left on it) It only does it normally in the mornings or when i haven't used the car in a few day or something.

Anyway besides that matter has anyone come across this problem before! If it makes any difference car isa 1997 Lancer GSR CM5A.
I'm considering ripping the dam thing out, only got it for insurance and so the door would open with the button :)
Thanks for any help

antz91, Apr 24, 10:14am
Try getting a new battery or terminals maybe. Had the same symptoms as yours and a new battery and terminals fixed it. But then again i had a 4star one.

jono2912, Apr 24, 8:51pm
Contact AVS, they should be able to inform you of the new dealer.

richard198, Dec 7, 1:53am
The fact that the installers replaced the module last time would indicate nothing wrong with car etc. I've never installed AVS so I don't know how reliable they are.
Advise as above re contact AVS direct.