Dodgy car alarm installers

nokiacellphone, Jan 29, 8:28pm
what can be done about them on here!

richard198, Jan 29, 8:34pm
Just choose good ones! (Like me!)
Seriously, though, there is plenty of info. out there about who is good and who isn't.

richard198, Jan 29, 8:43pm
That's a good alarm. Is it just the paperwork they're slack on!

nokiacellphone, Jan 29, 9:55pm
slack,happy to sell you it take your money and run but aftersales is SHOCKING to say the least,no paperwork at all

intrade, Jan 29, 9:56pm
why did you bid on that crap when you already got one of these ! the only alarm thats of any use is satelite gsm tracker hidden alarm.
There is a guy on here who got his stolen car back with that tracker.

brookesy, Jan 29, 10:06pm
so was he asian by chance with no qualifactions etc,as lots of them on here hard to tell a good one from a bad one,sorry to hear that you cant get your insurance company to reduce costs.

nokiacellphone, Jan 30, 2:59am
Dear Darren,

We have reviewed the feedback regarding the auction for MONGOOSE M60B 4 STAR CAR ALARM & ONSITE FITTING (listing no. 442329106)

nokiacellphone (760 )30 January 12 nokiacellphone was the buyer (auction no. 442329106)
Put Alarm in last weekend,average job i must say(put led in wrong place,left old wiring in car),been trying to get of him all week fails to reply to texts/emails/calls.Not Licenesed by NZSA so not qualified to install alarms,not accreited by mongoose so 3 yr warranty is nil and void,No GST receipt given (only takes cash) so not declaring that income (ird would be keen to catch up).So My Insurance Company says NO to reducing my premiunms ,so a total waste of $280.

This feedback was in breach of our feedback terms and conditions and has been removed.

If you have any questions about this please contact us.

Regards,

Trade Me Customer Support

they removed my 100% honest feedback WHY!

trdbzr, Jan 30, 3:09am
Trademe has a habit of removing negative comments about large scale traders who shaft people. They even allow dropshippers to operate on TM. Best bet would be to print a copy of this thread and the feedback you posted and take it to Fair Go and/or Target, because very high chance TM will be removing this thread very shortly.

nokiacellphone, Jan 30, 3:12am
just called trademe and they dont want to know about this trader ,cant transfer me to their support team on the 0800 number,and cant place feedback again,so off IRD tomorrow and drop him in it for cash jobs,my feedback was 100% honest

bellky, Jan 30, 3:13am
"This feedback was in breach of our feedback terms and conditions and has been removed.

If you have any questions about this please contact us."
i wonder if it is worth asking for an explanation!

-probly not. in that case this:

nokiacellphone, Jan 30, 3:23am
They just called me back and WONT allow feedback to be put against the trader ,just trying to warn others and yeah gets you no where it would seem.

nokiacellphone, Jan 30, 3:31am
We will not review negative feedback unless:
???It contains swear words or vulgarities*
???It contains defamatory statements as to the character of the individual*
???It contains the trader's contact details, phone number, surname, email address or other means to individually identify the trader
???The trader placing feedback has been permanently removed from Trade Me for misbehaving
???The feedback refers to any ongoing investigation by Trade Me, the police, or any other authorised party
???Trade Me is ordered by a valid court order to remove feedback
what part did i break of the rules!

trdbzr, Jan 30, 3:32am
Tell TM that you are going to take this case to Fair go, Target, Stuff and a couple of other newspapers, and actually go and do it

nokiacellphone, Jan 30, 3:34am
dont worry will be taking this much much further just on principle as trademe dont want to know about it all they want is $$$$ in fees.

jason18, Jan 30, 3:44am
Awesome let us know how you get on.

richard198, Jan 30, 6:49am
The fifth rule may have been the sticking point. Unlikely, but possible that Trade me (or someone) is investigating the trader!

nokiacellphone, Jan 30, 6:52am
still has listings and 150 lisitngsper month so guessing at 2 alarms a day min at $300 he is turning over $150k PA and not paying any tax/acc leviesetc great gig .

richard198, Jan 30, 6:56am
Maybe it's the IRD already investigating him!

bigfatmat1, Jan 30, 7:03am
Did you ask for old wiring to be removed. The price would be for install not removal and install. You do not have to be mongoose accredited NZSA would be preferable.

nokiacellphone, Jan 30, 7:05am
he has nothing at all NO NZSA or Mongoose so NO WARRANTY at all ,brand new install.

nokiacellphone, Jan 30, 7:06am
if the IRD are not onto him they will be tomorrow :-)

jason18, Jan 30, 9:22am
I thought it had to be 5 star alarm for insurance to even think about cheaper premiums and to be honest it doesnt save you much at all.