1998 ford falcon el wagon problems

btb2, Apr 18, 2:19am
i have a 1998 ford falcon el wagon. drove home fronm work the other day and it was sweet wen to go out this morning but it wouldnt start. now it has a read light flashing that says smart lock. how do i fix this and what would cause it to come on.
tia =D

its automatic and a straight 6 incase that helps.

btb2, Apr 18, 2:28am
are you able to post up links to previouse posts as i searched and couldnt find any.

cheers

btb2, Apr 18, 2:41am
which position do i want the key in when leaving it for 61 minutes! off 1 click or 2

btb2, Apr 18, 3:11am
just looked under the dash it looks like its been removed already. theres cables there that are taped up. (connectors still on). since we boyght the car we havent removed anything so it could have been removed before we bought it.

bigfatmat1, Nov 12, 10:55am
if the light is flashing the smart lock unit is still there. They have built in fault diagnossis they also give quite a bit of trouble. If it was my car I would cut the wire that goes to the ecu pin 4 and fit a bypass unit and bypass the start relay to save on future problems and expensive repairs. Check ya interior light fuse as this also powers the smartlock unit. otherwise trip to ford dealer or auto sparky