Jeep Patriot '10 VS Mitsi Outlander XLS '11

im.ron.burgandy, Mar 22, 1:27am
Both 2.4l - I like both of em as they will be work (I have to carry round big items) and for family (need the room to load up for fam holidays). Just wanting to know other drivers thoughts/experiences with either or.
All help is much appreciated.
Cheers :)

yogibearz, Mar 22, 1:35am
outlander for me, but in saying that i have had bugger all to with jeep.

im.ron.burgandy, Mar 22, 4:14am
Can I ask why! Cheers

phillip.weston, Mar 22, 4:35am
The Jeep Patriot (along with the Dodge Journey) shares the same platform as the Outlander and the 2.4L motor is the same GEMA world motor in both. I am unsure what transmission the Patriot would use though.

phillip.weston, Mar 22, 4:36am
I would say the Outlander would hold its value better, and being Japanese assembled I would say the interior and fit/finish quality would be better than the Patriot also.

im.ron.burgandy, Mar 22, 7:26am
Thanks for that philip.weston

2lo4ho, Mar 22, 7:30am
The Jeeps are very bulky and american feeling to drive, whereas the Outlander i feel, is more refined/ edgy, better finish in the high end models and just better all round i think

im.ron.burgandy, Mar 22, 6:51pm
Good to know, cheers.

ezekiel67, Mar 22, 7:22pm
My vote is for the Outlander. It comes with a huge warranty and is/was the number one selling vehicle in its category.

kiwi_fisherman, Apr 16, 10:46am
Jeep will last longer motor wise. Mitsubishi will be let down by the fact it's a Mitsubishi

phillip.weston, Nov 7, 2:59am
Never mind the fact that the 2.4 in the Mitsubishi is the exact same 2.4 engine used in the Patriot. They ride on the same platform. Got anything else!