Ute torneau cover

chris_051, Apr 14, 8:27am
Where would be the best place to buy the elastic strap that holds the torneau cover to the tray of a ute! One whole piece that runs 3/4 around the deck. I'm guessing a tramping or marine store would sell it at the required length and I can sort it from there! Or would I have to go to an upholstry shop etc and get it made to suit! Any help appreciated cheers.

40wav, Apr 14, 8:29am
Mine is just threaded through the cover then has knots tied, so not anything you cant do yourself. I'd try Supercheap or repco as it appears to be just bungy cord. They might have it on rolls.

franc123, Apr 14, 8:32am
get an auto upholsterer to do it, they will also have the metal staple things and the crimping pliersthat you need to make loops at each end.

gunhand, Apr 14, 8:33am
Id say go to upholster as most would have made a cover before. Now Ive seen it on a roll but can not remember where.Does Para rubber still excist up there.
Or try Repco, they can get most stuff, even cheese cake if you so desire lol. But prob dearer than elsewhere.

rpee, Apr 14, 8:39am
Go to Sailors Corner down in Westhaven marine they have heaps of sizes & colour!
You buy any lenght.

pico42, Apr 14, 9:24am
Got our last one from Mitre10.

quickstitch, Apr 14, 9:31am
i have a quality heavy shock cord, $2.50 per metre

chris_051, Apr 14, 9:47am
where is your shop! Cheers.

quickstitch, Oct 29, 9:46pm
I work for Air NZ at thwe airport but i have a little workshop set up at home, Onehunga. can get hold of me my username at telecom place