Nissan Elgrand?

pepsi24, Apr 8, 10:51am
Are they a good reliable vehicle!.

thejazzpianoma, Apr 8, 8:25pm
Yes, but if you wouldn't feel happy running a V8 for the same use then you will be disappointed.

phillip.weston, Apr 8, 8:27pm
the petrol versions have one of the lowest fuel efficiency star rating, something like half a star out of six. Plus they're not exciting to drive, and with the exception of the latest model, they are a complete eye sore to look at - I think a washing machine is more interesting to look at.

thejazzpianoma, Apr 8, 8:36pm
I always thought they looked like they were designed by Gillete or Schick, they even seem to add blades to the front to keep up with the opposition.

vtecintegra, Apr 8, 9:19pm
The Y51 (02+) is easily the best to drive out of any of the people movers, including the euro ones.

As for fuel, the worst model (Y50 4wd) is 1.5/6 with most of the newer ones being 2.5/6.Not great but not much worse than a Lagreat or Alpard which are its only real competitors.

craig04, Apr 8, 9:29pm
Humpback whale.

racetoy, Apr 8, 11:20pm
yeah gotta agree backhump whale

bigeye2, Apr 9, 12:41am
my mums boyfreind bought 1 over a toyota deisel 1kz peps/mover,.hes kicking himself now got quoted 550$ for brake master cylinder.the other day drives like poo.sucks gas

richardmayes, Apr 9, 2:04am
A big van-shaped body, with a luxury interior and a big, high-powered petrol engine underneath.

I would have thought that most big families who can afford not to care about the price of petrol would already be driving Maserati Quattroportes and Porsche Cayennes. but surprisingly, no! I see Elgrands around here all the time. Sad waste of a good Skyline engine.

thejazzpianoma, Apr 9, 2:06am
The 1KZ is a horrible old technology grossly over-rated Diesel though thats prone to cracking heads at enormous cost, isnt very economical and requires ridiculously frequent oil changes. Its usually found in grossly overpriced and dangerous vehicles as well.
You may not have been much better off.

thejazzpianoma, Oct 12, 2:11am
You make an interesting point, off hand from memory the Quattroporte with its 400HP V8 is about the same or slightly cheaper to run than a 3.5 Elgrand.