Cheap car paint

pete52m, Apr 4, 11:11pm
Hi guys! do you know where about can i find good but cheap car paint! I'm thinking of buying for painting the whole car.

thejazzpianoma, Apr 4, 11:20pm
More info is probably needed.

* Are you spraying it yourself and have you sprayed a car before!
* What sort of gun and compressor do you have!
* Metallic or Non-Metallic
* Exact colour match required or just red, black, blue etc!
* Any preference with regard to 2 Pack, Acrylic etc!
* What pain is on the car now and are you taking it back to bare metal or just rubbing it down!

pete52m, Apr 5, 12:35am
well it's just more like rubbing a little bit of those and will use 250HP compressor.It's a black color, metallic and I'll spray it myself (DIY).
~As i inquire it'll cost 1500-2000 NZD witch is not practical so I may try by myself tough and might get cheap cost.
Thanks for the reply

pete52m, Apr 5, 3:14am
yeah you got a point man thanks

elect70, Apr 5, 3:25am
Dont waste your money , any metalic takes skill to doright . , do the prep work yourself but get a pro to paint it . There isnt any "cheap "car paintits all around$90 +a litreplusprimers plus thinners.$1500 is cheap,If you cock it up you have wait weeks for it to harden then resand & do it againif painter does it it has to be right . . False economy

attitudedesignz, Apr 5, 6:28am
My thoughts too LOL

Oh and OP, be sure to post pic's of the met' black DIY job when you're done, should be interesting.

2nd2none, Apr 5, 6:44am
Spary cans work a treat if your painting a hole car, just ask Iron_maiden

2nd2none, Apr 5, 6:47am
90% of a good paint job is in the prep, If OP cocks that up doesn't matter who paints it.

rob_man, Apr 5, 6:56am
Yeah. massive. Must have a SB Chev driving it.

pete52m, Apr 5, 9:53am
nyahaha sorry guy it's a 2.0HP only hehe

iron-maiden, Apr 5, 10:14am
up yours

irenew, Oct 1, 7:08am
That's missed matched paint.