How can I change the horrible sound of a v8.

Page 1 / 3
doomy999, Mar 25, 7:07am
Hi, I just bought a V8.
Bloody old boat anchor comes in handy for towing the boat.
But i cant stand that terrible drone coming from under the bonnet. What's the best way to disguise the noise.
If I change the twin pipes to 2 in to one, would that help!
What's the best way to make it sound like a vtec with a BOV!
Any thoughts please!

iginoi, Mar 25, 7:12am
Lol nice

dr.doolittle, Mar 25, 7:13am
Go back to comedy school, & take your dickhead posts with you.

im_andrew, Mar 25, 7:14am
What make/model!
I have always found flowmasters (while they flow like shit) sound awesome, especially behind a decent set of extractors

johnf_456, Mar 25, 7:15am
Its not a dickhead post, hes entitled to his opinion not everyone likes a loud car.

dr.doolittle, Mar 25, 7:18am
So tell me whats not stupid about that! Particularly as this poster knows better I'm sure.

toxicgreen., Mar 25, 7:18am
Buy a couple of high powered amplifiers and sub woofers/ then it,ll be like the vtec boys

twink19, Mar 25, 7:19am
buy a sound racer

dr.doolittle, Mar 25, 7:20am
So report me. Chief.

johnf_456, Mar 25, 7:20am
what the heck for!

johnf_456, Mar 25, 7:21am
Didn't see that part, comments stands with the exception of this part.

cuda.340, Mar 25, 7:22am
john strikes again d'oh!

dr.doolittle, Mar 25, 7:23am
I called you "Chief".

johnf_456, Mar 25, 7:24am
Well when I saw the first post it wasn't there if you noticed the post was edited doh right back at ya!

toxicgreen., Mar 25, 7:26am
One thing you cauld try is, the wrapping/insulation stuff people put around hot water cylinders,,,silver foil,yello insulation,,, cover fire wall and under front footwellsalso glue to underside of bonnet. Might work,, and is proble cheap.

johnf_456, Mar 25, 7:27am
The toxic green stuff still getting to your head eh.

dr.doolittle, Mar 25, 7:28am
I'm going to report YOU johnf to whqqsh for not putting the PCD on the wheel trims you're selling. He wont be happy.

toxicgreen., Mar 25, 7:29am
Ok trevor wat-ever stay on topic doh

johnf_456, Mar 25, 7:30am
They are there if you read always have been, plus the fact they are primera says what they fit how dumb do you need to be.

Stud pattern is the standard primera 114.3 x 4 with the tyre size of 185/65/r14

Can't read eh

dr.doolittle, Mar 25, 7:33am
Dumb enough to own a Primera I guess.

un_known, Mar 25, 7:34am
wanna sound like a vtec! put the smallest exhaust pipes u can find on it and a couple of those joke exhaust whistles from $2 shop. then rev it to 9K all the time.as for the bov get yaself an iphone then download this cool little app called iBoost.sorted.

johnf_456, Mar 25, 7:34am
Who says I owned one, how dumb are you! Selling parts off something does not mean you own it. Besides there is nothing wrong with anyway.

bmwnz, Mar 25, 7:46am
Being serious, why do many unmodified American V8s sound all rough, yet Euro V8s can be whisper quiet!

dr.doolittle, Mar 25, 7:54am
Older engine & exhausttechnology maybe! But then my 69 Eldorado is whisper quiet for a 472 big block.

1fordluva, Mar 25, 7:57am
Selleys no more "BRAPS" HA HA HA