Help with my emina van

oldmuthahubbard, Mar 28, 1:22am
hi, my 93 van is running like crap, it hates the wet and it seems to get worse when it been running for a while, it misses and sounds like a tractor.embarassing,,,,,, was suggested it the spark plugs but dont know. there is no knocks in motor . please help.

woki, Mar 28, 2:57am
It may be overdue for an enima . Put the garden hose up its exhaust pipe to clean it out . Its 18yrs old now so there will be lots of muck up there !

for_an_angel, Mar 28, 2:59am
Not enough info to go on. A problem like this can't be sorted over the net as all you are going to get is suggestions starting with spark plugs, leads, coil, dizzy cap, rotor and then on to fuel filter and wiring loom faults. I'd suggest taking it to someone that knows what there doing or start replacing the parts in the order I have given

fordfan29, Mar 28, 3:15am
Well The tractor noises are uasually holed mufflers or the exhaust rusting out.Missing is often an electrical problim which hating the wet would tend to back up.
Hard to know though without sighting the vechle. If it turns out to be a range of issues and you have to pay professionals to fix. It could well be cheeper to replace van. Only came on this thread because i love jap cars with names which mean other stuff in english. Esp nissan sunny californias. But if i ever see a subaru touring bruce( yes their was a bruce willis edition suby wagon) im totally buying it. Sorry for my dodgy spelling

rlnhrd, Mar 28, 8:38am
gota pull out drivers seat and floor and use insulated pliers to pull the leads off one at a time while its idling, if it makes no difference then thats the cylinder its missing on, twist the leads first b4 pulling on them to avoid breaking one

oldmuthahubbard, Mar 30, 8:55pm
Thanks people for your comments, am thinking of selling it but dunno as it a good van. will take advice.

thejazzpianoma, Mar 30, 9:04pm
Those early emina's are not that great and a bit of a death trap in an accident. Upgrading may make a lot of sense, so long as you upgrade to something good. Obviously find out what its going to cost to get it running nice and if its economical to fix get it done before selling.

I can't recommend a Diesel Multipla enough as a replacement. They come up in the $4K - $10K price range regually (although not quite so often at the cheaper end) You are only looking at about $13 per 100km to run one (including RUC etc) so heaps cheaper to run than what you have got but much quicker and nicer to drive and park.

They are also much more reliable, parts are cheap and easy to get and the engine is easily accessible being out the front like a car. which also helps with safety which is pretty good.

Worth sitting down and doing the math on anyway.

sr2, Sep 12, 6:00pm
LOL! (You are one sick puppy mate).